turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 sights

Started by aswallace911, February 02, 2014, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aswallace911

I'm just getting serious about turkey hunting and I'm thinking about getting some sort of sights for my 870. has anybody used the hi viz sights that attach with out drilling anything. I'm open to other ideas as well. thanks

bowhunter2k9

I bought a saddle mount for mine this year and mounted a cheap truglo reddot. I didn't want to screw anything into my gun either
Romans 8:38-39

FullChoke

I had a Hi-Viz adjustable fiber optic sight on my Browning Pump for several years and was very happy with it. Easy to mount, easy adjustability, easy sight acquisition. If you get the model that uses magnets to hold the front sight to the rib, you will need to use electrical tape or zip-ties to keep it from getting knocked off.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

SKFOOTER

aswallace911

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on February 02, 2014, 10:13:30 PM
I bought a saddle mount for mine this year and mounted a cheap truglo reddot. I didn't want to screw anything into my gun either

im wondering if this is the way to go instead of trad. sights because im going to use the sure shot stock and it sits my sight plain really high and I see the whole rib and bead. I hope I described that right! lol. you have any problems with the reddot loosing zero?

bowhunter2k9

None at all so far, I am using a Knoxx stock so I have the same situation as you. It is a great mount, you can even see under the mount and use the bead if your reddot goes dead

aswallace911

what red dot are you using?

bowhunter2k9

I am using a cheap truglo open red dot. Most buy Burris fastfires