OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone seeing strutters or hearing gobbling?

Started by RutnNStrutn, February 02, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Down here in central FLA, I've been seeing strutters since January. The ones who are on private land that I can't hunt, I call to, and they have been gobbling since January also. It really gets me fired up on the way home when I see turkeys in the field, with a couple of strutters, call to them and they gobble. Bring it on, I'm ready!! :you_rock:

Twowithone

Haven't been out yet. Cant wait to shoot that new Winchester L.Beard ammo. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Deputy 14

Yea believe it or not last week when it was about 3 degrees out. I was checking my mink and beaver traps. Heard a hen yelp a few times followed by a few half-hearted frozen gobbles. Kinda odd to be walking around in a foot of snow and hearing a bird sound off.

TURKEYWHACKER

I was hearing weak gobbles in central Florida the middle of January. Just a few hen yelps heard last weekend.

Mountainburd

Been too cold and snowy here.  Still in winter flocks with winter patterns.  I'm thinking beginning of March if the weather warms up a bit.

WildSpur

The only activity I am seeing is in my dreams!  I have not seen too many birds around locally.

Cluck more, yelp less