turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Awesome Patterns With Long Beard XR and Turkey Thugs

Started by TBab, February 01, 2014, 08:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

As a forester, it appears from the pics that your tree backstop is infested with copper-plated lead borers. :z-dizzy:

Great patterns from either.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I tried some of the Fed Turkey Thugs last year in 6's which has a lot more shot than those 5's.  I shot at a tape measured 40yds.  I think the best I could do with the 3.5" 2oz #6 load in my 835 and Star Dot choke was in the 130's.  I don't think they shoot any better than the old Fed Premiums. 

243wssmfreak

Either of those = turkey samitches i like the longbeards really well myself... good shootin'

the Ward

Xcal1ber

I can vouch for him fellers, that pattern is the real deal at 38 yards. If he would have drew his circle around the Long Beard pattern a little lower and to the left, it would have been over 200 with those too. I couldn't believe it when he showed me. These lead loads are amazing now a days.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

drum817

Quote from: Xcal1ber on February 02, 2014, 12:30:19 PM
I can vouch for him fellers, that pattern is the real deal at 38 yards. If he would have drew his circle around the Long Beard pattern a little lower and to the left, it would have been over 200 with those too. I couldn't believe it when he showed me. These lead loads are amazing now a days.

:icon_thumright: Good Deal!!!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

TBab

Guys it blew my mind that it threw that pattern with both shells. I got over 200 last season with mag blends through my 11-87 but either of these patterns make me want to throw that gun in the trash. My wife walked out and counted and I called her a liar. It truly amazed me when I seen the board and where she had counted. Hopefully it will do this every time that I go to pattern. If so I have a gun that ill have for life.
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

owlhoot

Hooksnhorns

Both of those are STOUT!!! Congrats on 2 killer patterns. Better hold down low on him inside 25!!
Don't Tread On Me

TBab

Quote from: owlhoot on February 02, 2014, 04:14:57 PM
throw the 1187 in my trash :lol:

Not literally but as far as patterning goes it couldn't hold this mossberg a light. lol
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

trkehunr93

Look great but be sure and shoot'em at 20!  Big difference when they are 20 yards closer.  I'd hunt with it but would want to know what it looks like at all distances.

longspur

I tried out my JH 690 today. Also a 24" ported. It won't come close to that. Its 2 more yds and I don't know what cloudy and humid does to a pattern. I dropped 15-20 hits with the IC 675. Hope its not inconsistency in the LB. I got 139 then 112 with JH. 154 then 171 with IC. First shot with IC on sunny day was 185.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

That second pattern with the Thugs is the best #5 Lead pattern I've ever seen, including on the internet.

That's the combo right there.  Even if you "averaged" 20-30 pellets less, it would still be an absolute crusher with #5's.

Gold Spur

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on February 06, 2014, 10:04:36 PM
That second pattern with the Thugs is the best #5 Lead pattern I've ever seen, including on the internet.

That's the combo right there.  Even if you "averaged" 20-30 pellets less, it would still be an absolute crusher with #5's.
X2!!!
Woo Pig Sooie!!!