OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wolff Springs sp10

Started by Old Gobbler, February 04, 2014, 10:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

I was lucky enough to find a spare recoil spring and tube for my sp10 thanks to the help of a very nice og member - but before that I ordered a Wolff extra power kit for a Ithaca mag10 -- hoping to see if it was compatible -- I haven't shot it yet but the recoil and magazine springs ate a drop in fit

Far right the Wolff Ithaca spring then next over is the factory new sp10 spring , then my 20 year old factory spring then the recoil  tube then the Wolff magazine spring - the small spring in the bag is the extra power spring that I haven't installed yet

I'll let you know how it cycles soon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Rockhound

If the wolf spring doesn't cycle Shannon, clip it off the same exact length of the old one and it should run like a dream, AR's work that way as well, if I buy a new upper and its short stroking I clip the the buffer spring one coil at a time until it cycles flawlessly and it works like a dream

M R Ducks

There are 2 Wolff spring configurations for the Mag 10, reduced power and extra power.  Looks like OG bought the extra power....  This will work just fine with turkey loads, that's what it is for.  While it will certainly drive the bolt home with authority, the real benefit is in felt recoil and in slowing the bolt down a little so it doesn't beat up the back of your gun, and crack your bolt buffer.  Well, you really can't prevent the bolt buffer from breaking after a while, but it will help with rearward bolt speed.  I think the small spring is the extra power trigger spring.  Not sure that does anything worth while - except maybe slow the bolt fractionally more rearward as it is harder to cock back the hammer.

Ducks

4nolz2

could you post where you got them? I have 2 sp-10s and now that they arent making them anymore I'm wondering if I should stock up on parts while they are available.

M R Ducks

Google wolff springs - click on ithaca, then mag 10.  When I bought mine the kit was under $30 delivered.

Ducks

4nolz2