News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New wad in HV????

Started by SumToy, January 31, 2014, 08:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on January 31, 2014, 08:49:04 PM
Quoteif you find a ammo you like and shoots well go out and buy up as much as you can afford

That's so True. 

When I wanted to try the 3" #6 Turkey Thugs last year, I had a hunch they would do well because of all the great reports that I'd read on OG.  I splurged and bought all 3 boxes I saw of the 3" #6's.  They patterned great, but then I never saw any more for sale at any Wal-Mart.  I'm glad I didn't just buy one box to try that time.

That is exactly what I did, Those thugs were some of the best lead patterns i've ever shot. But may be beaten by the new long beards! We'll see.

darron

When u say hv did hevi come out with high velocity load or is this the regular h-13?

knightrider

Quote from: darron on January 31, 2014, 09:24:09 PM
When u say hv did hevi come out with high velocity load or is this the regular h-13?
just abbreviation for hevi-13

SumToy

Quote from: knightrider on January 31, 2014, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: darron on January 31, 2014, 09:24:09 PM
just abbreviation for hevi-13

That is it.  Hv13.   The load was a 31/2-6 out a SBEII.  They had taken the patterns with them. I will post the numbers as soon as he lets me know.  I will tell you the Win LB looked Better then the HV13 did. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Xcal1ber

Whether it's due to availability or them just tinkering, now is not the right time for Hevi-Shot to be changing up stuff. With these Long Beards coming out and patterning like they do, Hevi shot will take a big hit in sales if people start seeing a decline in their Hevi Shot patterns, because they will start using the Winchester shells. Out of the people I know personally, I am the only one with a stock pile of Hevi Shot.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Xcal1ber on February 01, 2014, 01:56:27 PM
Whether it's due to availability or them just tinkering, now is not the right time for Hevi-Shot to be changing up stuff. With these Long Beards coming out and patterning like they do, Hevi shot will take a big hit in sales if people start seeing a decline in their Hevi Shot patterns, because they will start using the Winchester shells. Out of the people I know personally, I am the only one with a stock pile of Hevi Shot.

Y'all got to remember .0000001 % of the turkeys hunters are on this forum. Majority prob don't pattern and they associate Hevi shot as being the holy grail due to previous success and/or great marketing. They will be selling shells for a long time cause of those 2 things. If you talked to a hundred guys in a sporting goods store I bet they would look you like your nuts if you asked them how many pellets they were getting in a 10" circle at 40 yards

Red Clay

I have the pattern photo. William was nice enough to help me tune in my 10ga and 12ga.
I saw the wad from the brand new shell and compared it to a wad from last year that William had.
The old wad was a little flimsier....which allowed it to expand more. It looked the the wad out of my gun did not expand fully to the width of the barrel. It is hard to explain without a photo.
Here is the pattern photo and count.
Benelli SBE. Old h&k version.
12 gauge
3.5" hevi 13 #6
.649 choke
127-10"
194-20"
321-Total

After this William gave me a Winchester longbeard and we put 184 in the 10" circle.

WildSpur

Wow--that's pretty bad.  No reason that should do anything less than 150 and that is still bad.

Cluck more, yelp less

chatterbox

Quote from: WildSpur on February 01, 2014, 04:13:35 PM
Wow--that's pretty bad.  No reason that should do anything less than 150 and that is still bad.
I have to agree.
I just don't understand why EM continues to do this year in and year out. That pattern will kill, but for the cost of those shells, that is unacceptable.

SumToy

This wad is not going to work good.  I think the BIG bore guns are going to hurt more by it.  I get some good weather I will try a few things to see what we can get them to do.  I have a few from last year also. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BowBendr

I've never personally seen a 3.5" Hevi shell put numbers up that were that low....wow.....
Better post up that lot # cause you're gonna get asked a million times.........

2much2loud

I shot the H13 #6 when they first come out with the 2.25 oz load and was putting up 200+ with a benelli SBE and jellyhead. I ran out of those and shot win xr for a few years and after they were discontinued last year I bought a few boxes of the H13 loads in #6 last spring. I was lucky to get 130. After the disappointment a guy gave me a few mag blends to try and got 200+ with those so I bought enough for 5 years.

owlhoot

oh ya, bringin back those memories of the flight control days when the triple plus wad was put on the back shelf.
What is in them? Hornady turkey load "spreader wads" :bike2:

SumToy

This is the new wad.  I know I had customer that has shot our stuff for years call about his 835.  The numbers had gone down.  I did not know if it was something with the choke.  I now have had this show up two times.   I have the choke back and will test that choke in my gun.  I will post old shell and new shell. 

eddie234

I picked up two boxes of hv13 and with the rebate they were only 19.99 a box, only a dollar more than the longbeards