OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New wad in HV????

Started by SumToy, January 31, 2014, 08:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Ok Like I have said in past yall teach me and help me as much as I help yall.    I have been playing with the new Winchester Load the past few.  I said it was going to be fun to see how the new HV13 load did.   Now we shot a HV13 yesterday and  :TrainWreck1:.   Unless I was looking at the wrong wad they have changed it.  I will look and test a few chokes to see but this could be bad thing.   So my question is have any of yall shot the NEW Hv13 loads.  If so pick up the wad and what was your patterns compared to years age. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

knightrider

what do you mean by the new hv13?

SumToy

The new run of them.  The last ones the built.  Hard to say but Customer said he had just got them in the mail.  They are different then any in the past. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

knightrider

i hope they didnt fool with the magblends :character0029:

davisd9

Do not know about this year, but with last year's lot my pattern dropped 40%.  Bought some older lot numbers and when they are gone I will be going away from hevishot for good.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

drum817

They (Hevi 13) are NOTORIOUS for switching components & that is why I stopped using their products two years ago.  Do you remember when the first batch of Hevi 7's came out and folks were putting up 300-340+ in the 10" at 40 yards???  The VERY next year those numbers dropped off dramatically...... I cut up a few of those shells and guess what????....They had changed the wad!!!!  If I had to bet money on it I would guess they have started messing with components yet again  ::) ::) ::) .....I'll more than likely be shooting the new Win longbeard load. 
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Old Gobbler

Its as simple as this , and is nothing new to the world of ammo -- if you find a ammo you like and shoots well go out and buy up as much as you can afford -- because in the world of turkey ammo the product can be discontinued, hard to find ..become expensive ....or the availability of the components can become unavailable NOTHING NEW here , the only ones upset are the ones that didn't buy enough

I didn't exactly like spending $600 on turkey ammo last year , but you know what availability is not a problem anymore for me - I'm set with ammo for LIFE
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

nyhunter

I think with the patterns the new WIN. long beard is putting up and the fact there cheaper than the over priced H-13 shells your gonna see a lot of people switching when they need to buy new shells, Now I'm not talking about those of us that have a stock pile of the good lot# H-13 shells going out and buying them, I'm talking about the person that needs shells for this season. I  will say this I'm sick of buying high priced H-13 and not knowing if there gonna pattern worth a hoot . In my opinion they have shot themselves in the foot tinkering with things time and time again.

OLD GOBBLER you have a great point there .

SUMTOY, how bout a gun, choke, load, shot size and 10" numbers.

drum817

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 31, 2014, 11:48:22 AM
Its as simple as this , and is nothing new to the world of ammo -- if you find a ammo you like and shoots well go out and buy up as much as you can afford -- because in the world of turkey ammo the product can be discontinued, hard to find ..become expensive ....or the availability of the components can become unavailable NOTHING NEW here , the only ones upset are the ones that didn't buy enough

I didn't exactly like spending $600 on turkey ammo last year , but you know what availability is not a problem anymore for me - I'm set with ammo for LIFE

I agree with your post Shannon,  I would have LOVED to have been able to buy a case of the first batch on Hevi 13 #7's .....but such was not the case....I am not upset by that, but it is aggravating not to have the same consistency from year to year.   :) 
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Old Gobbler

I hear you -- I got fed up with availability issues and bit the bullet

In any ammo companies defence , there is always going to be supply variations in powder wads and hulls seen it with all of them- I'm sure the companies are upset as well
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Rockhound

:angel9:
Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 31, 2014, 01:33:23 PM

In any ammo companies defence , there is always going to be supply variations in powder wads and hulls seen it with all of them- I'm sure the companies are upset as well

I did the exact same as you on the exact same ammo, I'm not shooting it but when I can't afford TSS those shells we bought will be long gone

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Rockhound on January 31, 2014, 02:33:30 PM
:angel9:
Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 31, 2014, 01:33:23 PM

I did the exact same as you on the exact same ammo, I'm not shooting it but when I can't afford TSS those shells we bought will be long gone
And just which ammo did y'all stock up on???

SKFOOTER

Quote from: SumToy on January 31, 2014, 08:52:25 AM
Ok Like I have said in past yall teach me and help me as much as I help yall.    I have been playing with the new Winchester Load the past few.  I said it was going to be fun to see how the new HV13 load did.   Now we shot a HV13 yesterday and  :TrainWreck1:.   Unless I was looking at the wrong wad they have changed it.  I will look and test a few chokes to see but this could be bad thing.   So my question is have any of yall shot the NEW Hv13 loads.  If so pick up the wad and what was your patterns compared to years age.
What shot size, shell length and Lot Number???

Rockhound

10 gauge federal heavyweight

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Quoteif you find a ammo you like and shoots well go out and buy up as much as you can afford

That's so True. 

When I wanted to try the 3" #6 Turkey Thugs last year, I had a hunch they would do well because of all the great reports that I'd read on OG.  I splurged and bought all 3 boxes I saw of the 3" #6's.  They patterned great, but then I never saw any more for sale at any Wal-Mart.  I'm glad I didn't just buy one box to try that time.