Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tell us about yourself

Started by reflexl, January 30, 2014, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Several of us know each other already but for those who don't a little intro might be a good thing.

I live in Vanntown TN. I have been hunting for 38 years. I rifle hunt, bow hunt, pistol and muzzleloader hunt. I hunt deer, turkeys, geese, ducks, coyotes, hogs and have taken a 2000lbs water buffalo. Future plans include black bear in Maine as well as Maine moose.
I love handgun hunting hogs in the spring with my son.

Most excitement hunting: getting charged twice by mad water buffalo followed by a charge by a 400 lbs razorback stopped by pistol.

Nothing better than calling in a mature gobbler and killing him up close.

TN Beard Buster

I'm Kevin. I'm a cable splicer with AT&T. I'm 48 and been turkey hunting for nearly 30 years. I've been deer hunting since age 16. I love turkey the most cause I feel like you're defeating the laws of nature by calling up a bid ole tom.

hs strut

my names jerry i live in westmoreland tn im 20 years old and have a passion for the outdoors i bass fish the tournaments on old hickory  i deer hunt but i am an absolute turkey addict i guess it would be because im self taught no one else in my family really turkey hunts i also have a lot of fun hot roddin cars and truck my current project is a 1982 chevy k20 thats goin to be a pull truck for the local yokel pulls
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

darn2ten

My name is Kevin also. Live in Belleville, Tn. and have been turkey hunting for about 20 years. I'm originally from Florida and started out hunting osceolas. Have taken osceolas, hybrids, and easterns, prefer easterns because they are usually much more talkative. Almost as addicted to tinkering with turkey guns, chokes, and patterning as I am the hunting itself, of course my wallet don't like that part very much! Lol. Good luck this year y'all!  :z-guntootsmiley:

bigbird

My name is Aaron I'm from seymour indiana. I'm 35 and have been huntin since I was a little kid, turkey hunted since '92. I hunt deer squirrel ducks and my favorite is turkey! I've taken rios merriams and of course easterns. I'd like to get my florida bird someday. Good luck to all my teammates, hunt hard and stay safe! :icon_thumright:

joe alderman

my name is joe ive been hunting turkeys since i was old enough to go with my grandfather and father in the flatwoods n cypress swamps of central florida ive lived in tennessee for 10 years . I love too turkey hunt, duck hunt, deer hunt all in that order  lol  there s nothing like calln in a tom at  20yds  :newmascot: good luck to all you hunters

calebb

My name is Caleb, I'm from jonesboro but I'm in my third year of dental school in Memphis. A little further west than the rest of you but happy to be on a competitive team.  I'm 24 but I've been killing turkey since I was 8. I plan on hunting several states this season and can't wait to get started for 2014. Being from the delta of Arkansas has resulted in somewhat of an addiction to duck season but I wouldn't trade anything for turkey hunting, glad they don't overlap.

My goal is to kill 100 birds by the time I'm 30. It'll be a stretch but attainable if I play my cards right.

Good luck to everyone. Be safe!

TRIPPER

My name is Donny I'm 37. Been turkey hunting for 16 years. The best part about turkey hunting is spending time with friends and family trying to call that ole tom in. Looking forward to a great season good luck everyone.

tnturkey

hey I just got added. sorry to be added like this hope the feller that got hurt has a quick good recovery. my name is keith. I am just 20 but I have been hunting turkeys season I was 8. i am from Columbia which is middle Tennessee. i am currently in college. but i have my work and class schedule worked out good so i can get after them. my passion is trying to kill big mature deer. but nothing is better then turkey hunting love them both. also just now getting into duck hunting. hopefully i can get a few on the ground for yal this year. itll be a great year no matter what. good luck to all for this Saturday and the rest of the season!

reflexl

Welcome tnturkey! Joe will be cheering us on I am sure. You are in with a great bunch of guys as most turkey hunters are anyway. reflexl