Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New banner

Started by savduck, January 29, 2014, 09:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Its a new beginning for us. Anybody want to design a new team banner. I'd really like to see the header logo of the trumpet thumper name with feather but with maybe a new design underneath.

Whose up for it.
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

If no one else wants to tackle it I would be happy to play with ideas.

If anyone has ideas but no design capabilities post up.  Ideas are the hardest part in design, I can work the rest.

alloutdoors

I can probably help work on this too, let's hear some ideas for what people want in the design.

savduck

I was thinking again that we keep the black header logo with our name and feather. That is trumpet thumpers.

I had two thoughts....a gobblers head getting whacked by a trumpet..red Xs in his eyes kinda loonie toon cartoon type feel or a hunter running a trumpet with back on tree with a gobbler strutting 20 yards ahead coming in. Something we also talked about when we first started the team was after that first season of killing turkeys with trumpets we would make a collage style banner with kills.
Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

Well I'm not the guy for original artwork so that first one would need to be done by someone else, but I could get it into the banner once we had a drawing. Either of the other ideas would be no problem. I've got an idea of my own I'll play around with this weekend, not sure if I can make it work like I'm seeing in my head but I will see what I can come up with.

VanHelden Game Calls

Savduck the head splitting tom idea was already on my list of ideas.

The second idea was to use a close-up of a hunting cap with our name on the front with a feather sticking up off the back.  Kind of a play on the pied-piper and its something we all do when we see a feather on the ground or get a kill.

I am also hoping OG honors png format because then we are not limited to an actual banner shape just over all size.  I will test that as well.

I will put some ideas together.

savduck

Sounds sweet fellas. Let's see em
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

I made a cartoon trumpet man that looks pretty neat but its a trumpet man so he is tall and I have a  problem is fitting it to a short banner.  I am contacting OG to see our banner requirements as I see everyone has a different size and some even have a flash banner.

But he is pretty cool, trumpet with legs and arms and face with big eyes resting against a shotgun and I was going to create a dead turkey to lay under the but of the gun.  But it only works if we can go a little vertical with our banner.  If not I will go back to the drawing board with the crazed turkey idea.

Douglas

But others feel free to offer there own ideas or creations, I don;t want to be a banner hog, I just had time...

VanHelden Game Calls

Thoughts on using this guy?

VanHelden Game Calls

O.K. this is my contribution for an idea.(modifications can be made)  I placed it in my signature so that you guys are able to see the look.

If others have ideas chime in and I think we can do a team vote.

alloutdoors

Ok, here's a rough mock up of my idea. This is just to illustrate the concept, not what the final banner would look like.

I would put that on one side, and have a tom gobbling back from the other side of the banner, or maybe put in a phrase like "If it sounded any better, it'd have feathers!", with "Trumpet Thumpers" across the top of the banner.

I'd like to hear whether or not people want me to continue to flesh out this idea or not. I'm happy to refine it and we can put the banners up for a vote, but I also like the cartoon banner idea and would be fine going that way if people prefer.

savduck

Ryan, lets see your idea played out. I kind of like it
Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

Will do, it'll probably take me the better part of this week to finalize a design. We've all been passing a cold around here and Evan came down with a new fever this morning, so free time has been a bit limited. I'll try to have something done by next weekend at the latest.

TRKYHTR

I like the turkey coming out of the trumpet idea.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

VanHelden Game Calls

Agreed. the more I look at mine the more I want to go a different direction. 

Alloutdoors I like it. 

My idea to yours would be to use the photo you have, scrap the hen and just put some feathers coming out, and add the title. Keep it simple and clean.  With your photography skills I bet you could get a sweet pic to use :o