Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What do you shoot?

Started by jblackburn, January 28, 2014, 12:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

What are you all using to bust heads this year?

I have an 835 that I used up until 2 years ago that I may bring back out.  I put Winchester Supreme XX (red ones) in #6 through it.  I also have an 870 with and IC that I shoot 3 inch hevi 6's, that choke throws a wicked pattern.

I'll also probably try to take another with my bow using bullheads.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

turkey harvester

Ill be using my 835 ulti-mag again this year. Shootin Winchester supreme #6 in 3 1/2's. I put a .670 kicks gobblin thunder choke tube in it and man is it wicked.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

WVohioFAN

Mossberg 835 with Nitro 4x5x7 Hevi-Shot

paintbrush

I've got 2 guns that I have set up for turkey hunting. First one is a Browning Gold .12 ga./Leupold Scope/Pure Gold choke/HV #7's. I use this one if I'm hunting on small pieces of property where I have to sit more. It's kind of heavy.  Second gun is a T/C Encore .12ga./ Thumbhole stock/ JellyHead choke/HV#7's. Use this gun when I'm run'n'gunnin. Also have a .20 gauge barrel for the T/C I'll use sometimes. IC choke in the .20 shooting HV #7's once again.

Joe2Kool

Remington 870 Super Mag.  Factory turkey super full choke with 2 oz of Hevi Blend 5,6,7.   8)

jblackburn

what kind of patters you get with those magblends out of that 870, Joe?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Timberland Taxidermy

PSE Bow Madness with Bullhead broadheads by Magnus.  ;)

WestTnTurkey

I'm shooting a stoeger 3000 with a indian creek .665 and longbeard xr's.
The wife is shooting a tristar viper g2 turkey with a .650 carlsons with longbeard xr's.

harleytom

1187 SM w/rhino choke and Eotech 512. I will be shooting Nitro 3.5in straight 7s and Hevi-Shot blends

harleytom

Wife will carry a 930 w/ HeviShot choke and Eotech 511 shooting Hevi13 straight 7s and MagBlends

Swamp

Rem 11-87 28" barrel shooting 3 1/2 " thugs 5 or 6 and gonna pattern the 3" longbeards 6s and see how they do.

Thomas6689

870 super mag 23" barrel winchester longbeards 3.5 2oz #6

dlewis82nd

Mossy 500 turkey and I think I'm going to switch from fed flitecontrols to longbeard xr and my bowtech captain with nap killzones.....might try decapping one with a bullhead this spring.

Timberland Taxidermy

Quote from: dlewis82nd on February 26, 2014, 11:43:55 AM
...and my bowtech captain with nap killzones.....might try decapping one with a bullhead this spring.

Good to hear, I was beginning to think I was the only one dumb enough to chase 'em with a bow. LOL

dlewis82nd

Quote from: Timberland Taxidermy on March 05, 2014, 01:38:35 AM
Quote from: dlewis82nd on February 26, 2014, 11:43:55 AM
...and my bowtech captain with nap killzones.....might try decapping one with a bullhead this spring.

Good to hear, I was beginning to think I was the only one dumb enough to chase 'em with a bow. LOL

I mainly just bow hunt them for a week in kansas but it is a heck of a time. It wont be the same this year since joey eont be able to make the trip.