Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Longbeard 3 1/2" #5s. Mossy 835 IC 675

Started by longspur, January 27, 2014, 08:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

55 deg. light wind. Not a nice even coverage of the 10". Nice looking 6" circle with over 100 hits. Not much room for error. I didn't draw the 6" circle I covered it up and counted the ones that wasn't covered.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's the best lead #5 pattern I have seen.  Looks like Winchester has got it going on.  Those shells are only going to go up once the demand goes up.  Better buy em why you can. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Tell me the weight of the payload.  And also could you tell me what the 3" payload is?  I'm not familiar with these loads.  Thanks.

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on January 27, 2014, 08:40:34 PM
Tell me the weight of the payload.  And also could you tell me what the 3" payload is?  I'm not familiar with these loads.  Thanks.

The 3 1/2's have a 2oz payload and the 3 inch have a 1 3/4oz payload.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

ericjames

I will be getting me a box of 5's to play with mainly to see what I can get them to do at 15-20 yards. They got these loads right for people that want a good pattern at 40. I just hope at 20 it will be opened up to at least a 8-10" pattern, instead of a 4". Sounds like there might be  a lot of people that might be taking body shots at close range to keep from missing or a whole lot of beheaded pics on here. As far as a 40 yard pattern I don't know anyone in their right mind that wouldn't love these shells. The benefit with 5's  they would be good of you misjudged yardage a little. They should carry the energy to at least 50 no problem.

243wssmfreak

That's  an awesome pattern for #5the lead those long beard shells are the stuff....that's a dead bird any way you lookat it :OGturkeyhead:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

knightrider

better not let him get with in twenty before you shoot!! :turkey2:

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SumToy

Looks good.  I have started to test the 5's.  They don't look as good as the 4's or the 6's.  That is a nice pattern.   :z-winnersmiley:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

longspur

I can't see it any more. Is it still there?

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."