OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your hands down favorite Striker?

Started by deerpoo22, January 25, 2014, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

A West Augusta Dogwood has been involved in the death of several gobblers for me.

jordanz7935

Dymondwood for sure. I have a lights out 1 piece and a halloran 2 piece. Both work great on all surfaces. 2nd choice would be a lights out persimmon or the primos lucky striker.

deerpoo22

Thanks for all the replies guys. There's so many options to choose from lol.

rutandstrut

Just get one of each! Then you'll have it covered!

TANK

My favorite is a Jet Slate style striker my Great Granpaw whittled out of Black Gum with his pocket knife about 60-75 years ago.....it's been handed down over the years & responsible for alot of turkeys going to Heaven.

West Augusta

That one would be very special Tank.  It would be hard to hunt with for fear of losing it but also hard to leave on the shelf as your Great Granpaw is now walking with you on every hunt.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

deerpoo22

rutandstrut

wchadw

Quote from: West Augusta on January 27, 2014, 08:14:32 PM
Any one of these.
Black Locust, Dymondwood, Snakewood, Bloodwood or African Blackwood.

do you make these??

zsully

My go to is a Lyman Tulipwood.  It just flat out runs any pot I put it to.

southern_leo

If I was to pick a striker that I didn't make I'd have to say my fowler yellow heart

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

drenalinld

Like above Primos Triple 7. I have several new in package for backups. As stated just weighted perfectly with good bite. Also like the straight tip laminated birch Woodhaven strike 3. Dad's monkey wood. Torman Dymondwiod. Lyman coco and Snakewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Fowler Snakewood and Mystery Wood with Osage Top.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chris O

I would pick Osage, bloodwood, and Yingling fiber rod during wet weather. Sinclair Osage is hard to beat

Alberta Jonny