Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buying a new turkey/duck shotgun. Benelli SBEII or new Browning A5?

Started by EasternNChunter, January 21, 2014, 09:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillbroke

I say Beretta A400 just to throw a wrench in it. I have the A391 Xtrema and love it.

EasternNChunter

Xcal1ber

I think you made a good choice. I held the two side by side the other day and the A5 is the best feeling shotgun I have ever held in my hands. It's light, the action is silky smooth, and it just shoulders so good that when you go to shoulder it, it seems like the bead is lined up perfectly. Also that finish reminds me of that "in velvet" finish that is on Bowtech bows, which feels amazing. All in all I think you made the right choice.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

aswallace911

Quote from: Xcal1ber on January 29, 2014, 10:46:06 PM
I think you made a good choice. I held the two side by side the other day and the A5 is the best feeling shotgun I have ever held in my hands. It's light, the action is silky smooth, and it just shoulders so good that when you go to shoulder it, it seems like the bead is lined up perfectly. Also that finish reminds me of that "in velvet" finish that is on Bowtech bows, which feels amazing. All in all I think you made the right choice.

I have to agree, that's why im getting one two I picked up them all, I just don't like the plastic stocks and when I picked up the A5 hunter I knew she was the one. my tax refund cant get here fast enough!

darn2ten

Would have been my choice as well. Nothing wrong with Benelli at all, but as far as 3.5" feeling like dove loads.... We must have shot two different Benelli's, because the one I shot with 3.5" turkey loads would rattle your teeth! I can't speak for the kick on the new A5, but I will agree it's one of the best feeling shotguns I have ever picked up. I have a 1999 invector plus A5 stalker from the last year they made the old style and love it, but I sure would like to have a new style also because they are quite a bit lighter.

hookedspur

Benelli

Go pick each one up and handle them a bit ,Im sure one will talk to you . ;D
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

63beards

I'd go with the Winchester sx3, i've had benelli's', ( love the way they feel and how they will shoot just about every time under every circumstance) i just couldn't shoot it worth a dang, I've been shooting dove for 43 yrs. now, i shot a benelli for 3 yrs. knowing i was missing birds i wasn't suppose to miss, finally had to admit it was the gun & put her down, have had quite a few of my buddies say the same thing, bought a new A5 last june, heck, it kicked as much as my old A5, i sold it too, I've got an sx3 that i have no complaints about whatsoever.... i'd say check 'em out before you make your final decision.... and the sx3 is cheaper than benelli or browning, but when it comes to price i always think back on what my bossman, ( i worked in a sporting goods store for yrs) used to tell customers, "If you can't afford it you might oughta be working instead of huntin..."
71 beards

turkeykiller22

I shoot a SBE II at turkeys... bought an xtrema 2 for duck hunting.  With that being said on the SBE the POA/POI is not very good. Expect to buy an after market sight and do some adjusting once you get it on. I will say that I love the pattern my gun throws. Just it dipped in bottomland over the summer so we will she how she does this spring!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

beagler

Never Misses

teke

Would take a look at the Berettta A400 extrema with kick-off. Also Win. SX3, recoil reduction means a lot to me.

kwild835