Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

My DSD Strutter on a motion platform

Started by allchokedup, January 20, 2014, 08:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allchokedup

Last year I purchase a motion stake from Bass Pro Shop and changed it a little bit. I cut the metal stakes off the motion box and made up a plywood platform. It works a lot better IMO.
I'll be honest, I've had the DSD strutter for 2 years now and never used it. I've had good and bad luck using strutter's , but this year I plan on trying it out. I have had great luck with the DSD Jake and Upright hen, but this year I'm going to give it a try. Here's a short video on how it works.
Happy and safe hunting, David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XI-1mhgfo

Drthorn

MKMGOBL

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

jims

Looks good!  I think I would put it on a jake!  How much are they at Walmart?

allchokedup

I built 3 for a friend and he had one on the jake and two upright hens. It looked like  "Dancing with the Stars". lol!! I made a mistake in the video saying I bought it at Wal-Mart. In the video I wrote to correct it and that I got the motion stake at Bass Pro Shops. I can't remember what the motion stake cost.
Thanks, David

jims

That would be pretty hilarious watching several moving all at once.  I can imagine other hunters getting pretty excited if they saw them from a distance!  Thanks for the tip on where to pick one up!

jims

I looked on Basspro and other websites and couldn't seem to find it?

allchokedup

I saw it last night ,its on Bass Pro Shops website for $49.00.  It looks a little different than mine with the 3 stakes on the bottom. I think??? you can find it if you search decoys on their website.

Dan Mallia