Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where ya hunting this year?

Started by jblackburn, January 20, 2014, 07:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Where are you chasing toms at this spring?

I moved out of Oklahoma to Washington this summer, so I'll be chasing them up here this spring!  I've got Rios to the south, Merriams to the north, and easterns on the west side! May also hunt Idaho since I'm only 10 miles from the border.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

rafsobbob

Iowa Iowa and Iowa this year we are going to Italy on Feb 9th and staying for 12 days so I needed to curb my hunts this year, vacation time and cash all used up :'(  . Any Headhunters that want to come to Iowa let me know got some Good spots wit big ol birds on it
My Grace Card "I promise to pray for you everyday, ask for your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend ............... forever"

turkey harvester

Guess I'll be hunting them Missouri Monsters this year. Would love to travel to hunt but my job says I can't till schools out.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

harleytom

AL and maybe MS. Bob, would love to get to Iowa sometime if work cooperates.

paintbrush

I'll be hunting in MN. and SD. for sure. More then likely I will also be hunting in NE. Also going to try and get a hunt in either WI. or KS. as I have places to hunt in both, but not sure I will have the time/ spare funds. I'm sure going to try and make one of them happen though!

WVohioFAN

sadkins

Indiana

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

paintbrush

Well, I just found out I will not be hunting in SD where I always go. I hunt on the Cheyanne Indians land and just got off the phone with their fish and game dept. and was told they will not be having a spring turkey season this year do to the fact of a big blizzard they had back in October took a lot of birds, and the damn Coyotes have been a problem too! Where we hunted was a mix of tribal and state land, but mostly tribal land, so we would get 2 tags from the tribe and 2 tags from the state. Now with no tribal tags and the state having cut back to 1 tag, it's just not worth going there at this time. Not sure what I'm going to do now. Going to have to mull this over a bit!

jblackburn

Quote from: paintbrush on February 07, 2014, 03:30:38 PM
Well, I just found out I will not be hunting in SD where I always go. I hunt on the Cheyanne Indians land and just got off the phone with their fish and game dept. and was told they will not be having a spring turkey season this year do to the fact of a big blizzard they had back in October took a lot of birds, and the damn Coyotes have been a problem too! Where we hunted was a mix of tribal and state land, but mostly tribal land, so we would get 2 tags from the tribe and 2 tags from the state. Now with no tribal tags and the state having cut back to 1 tag, it's just not worth going there at this time. Not sure what I'm going to do now. Going to have to mull this over a bit!

That stinks.  I have friends that have good luck in Nebraska and I have done well in Kansas.  Not sure how far south the October weather affected things.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

dlewis82nd

Kansas archery then Missouri and a trip to Colorado

RIStrutStopper

I'll be hunting RI and possibly CT this year. The lady that owned one of the best properties I hunt in CT just passed away, so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to hunt there again or not. I'll have to talk to her son-in-law whose wife generally signs my permission to hunt slip. If I can't hunt there, not sure if I'll bother with CT this year.