Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How Long A Crusader

Started by redarrow, January 18, 2014, 04:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Does anyone know how long the "Crusaders" have been a team ? We have had the contest for 7 years this spring.I have been a Crusader every year I think. Don't recall ever being on another team.Anybody a Crusader historian ?

hookedspur

We used to be the Gobble Kings I think Red
This is my 4th Year with 3 birds last year 1 in Ohio and 2 in Kansas.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redarrow

That sounds familiar. This year should be year number 4 for me with 2 birds ,2011 and 2013 contributed then.I didn't bother to register the Jake I took the first year. Not much to weigh or measure.When your only allowed one bird it's hard to pass on a Jake sometimes.

Clif Owen

This will be my second year on the team.

GobbleNut

I, too, have been on the team since Anthony put it together.  I'm not sure how long it has been, but it seems to me like this spring may be the sixth year.

Woodsman4God

This will be my 4th year on the crusaders, I was a Gobbleking  member for 2 years, I wasn't on OG the first year of the contest, if I remember correctly Red you were on somethinglike the 3 toed mafia the first year, I just remember you telling me about it and showing me your banneretc... Was one of the things that got me to get started on OG. Man time flies