OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

1/19/14 Devotional What do you want this year for Christmas?

Started by pappy, January 18, 2014, 12:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Matthew 5:9 - Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
I know I may be rushing things a bit, kind of like Walmart!!!! LOL but, I asked myself what I would want for Christmas this year as a test of my humanity! Not looking for material things but thiings that would change the lives of mankind!
PEACE ...sweet unadulterated peace. The peace that only comes through Christ. And let me tell you something, this is the time for Peace! The world is crumbling economically and Spiritually down around our feet. Crimes are becoming more and more horribly up in our faces, but we claim to live in a Civilized Society ... and yet we have mother killing their children, children killing children, men raping women, country leaders killing their masses without even blinking an eye! My gosh, when is it going to stop! This Civilized Society?  It plainly is not going to stop, so where does the peace come from? It has to come on an individual basis, in order to reach the masses. John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
So, if you are looking for peace to reign this year and forever more, you have to start within your own heart. Make changes inside yourself in order to begin making changes in the world! Some would say "it ain't never gonna happen" and I would agree it won't (with that attitude) but, if we as believers would gather together on our knees, and pray I mean really pray for once, we would see the changes occur within in order for them to take effect without!
Romans 12:18 - If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.  I will bet that some of you who read this verse said in your mind, that is impossible!  No way can man be at peace with all mankind...."But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. " This is why I have to believe that my wish for World Peace is not beyond my grasp! Our Grandson Jacob, lost his two front teeth this year, and it reminded me of the old song, ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY TWO FRONT TEETH ... well all I want for Christmas is PEACE ... sweet sweet peace that only comes through Christ. So I leave you with this thought, a Civilized Society is not the perfect setting to raise your family, there are glitches to be found within the walls of false security, but to raise the flag of Peace, not as a truce but as a beacon of Hope, bringing in the fold, under the mercies and Grace of God, is the beginning ... the only real beginning we have to creating a world of peace for our future generations to live in without fear and without strife! Philemon 1:3 - Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net