Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome, my brothers and sisters!

Started by FullChoke, January 17, 2014, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

I am thrilled to be back this year for another Old Gobbler Turkey Contest and proud to be representing another strong team of Gobbler Ninja-Assassins-Hitmen-Executioners! I am also glad to introduce our first 20 gauge totin', steely-eyed lady Grim Reaper to our ranks: Camocutie! BTW, she has a Dead-Turkey-Victory-Dance that simply must be seen.

I want to take a few moments to stress how important it is to our team to score, photograph and post every turkey that you take this year, even if it does not represent an upgrade of a previous bird. Also, please consider writing out the particulars on your interesting hunts in the story section. I know that I love to read about your victories and misses, and I suspect that I am not the only one. There is an incredible reservoir of woodsmanship, knowledge and skill in this team that can be used to help make us all better turkey hunters.

I will post up all of the needed information and threads in the following few days to help get each of us back up to speed and working together.

Guys and gals, let The Roaring 20's Roar!

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Eric Gregg

gophert

Glad to be back with you guys!  If you are on Facebook...hit my facebook icon on the left and friend me.  I like to put a face with a username.  I would also like to welcome a very special young lady...camocutie.  She is one fine hunter to share the woods with. 

Tim

jakesdad

Glad to be back for '14!!

Headed to Kansas this year after MO season so hopin to have a few big ol' gobbler pics and stories posted up for ya there Fullchoke!

Tell our newest member camocutie she needs to post up some so we can get to know her :icon_thumright:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

gophert

Quote from: jakesdad on January 18, 2014, 03:11:42 PM
Glad to be back for '14!!

Headed to Kansas this year after MO season so hopin to have a few big ol' gobbler pics and stories posted up for ya there Fullchoke!

Tell our newest member camocutie she needs to post up some so we can get to know her :icon_thumright:

I'll tell her to post something.  She doesn't hang around turkey forums much....LOL.

sent from Tim's typewriter

Gagry

:z-guntootsmiley:   I've been thinking about the 2014 turkey contest since thanksgiving. Thanks for letting me be apart of the 20's again. Fullchoke you do an awesome job keeping up with everything and keeping us informed of what is going on and by the way I can't wait to see the dead turkey victory dance posted! -Mike

FullChoke

Folks,

I will give the remaining people about a week to get back to me and then we will start looking for other 20 gaugers to join our merry band of pranksters. I have one new hunter on deck right now. If anyone presently on the 2014 team knows, and can endorse, someone who loves to hunts these turkeys with the smaller guns and would be a good, active member, let me know. I will start filling the remaining slots this Friday.

Go team.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Eric Gregg

I am excited! I have broke out the videos and pulled out some Tom Kelly getting ready and focused!
It is great to be back and look forward to winning this thing this year!
Let's Bring It :you_rock:

surehuntsalot

I am glad to be back for 2014,it doesn't even seem like turkey season if I'm not part of the Roaring 20's Team on Old Gobbler.
Looking forward to being a part of the hunting with all of you this season.
Come on March 15th
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FullChoke

CC,

Glad to have you on the team! Good luck on that dad thing and your archery tournament. Aim small, miss small. :anim_25:

FC

jakesdad

camocutie-

Welcome to the team and good luck!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Eric Gregg

Quote from: camocutie on January 21, 2014, 08:51:04 AM
Thank you for letting me be on the team.  Gophert is my dad and we love turkey hunting together.  I get the first shot of the season however.   :happy0064:

I have my first Archery tournament this weekend.  Wish me luck.

Good to have you on board with us :hello99:

surehuntsalot

Quote from: camocutie on January 21, 2014, 08:51:04 AM
Thank you for letting me be on the team.  Gophert is my dad and we love turkey hunting together.  I get the first shot of the season however.   :happy0064:

I have my first Archery tournament this weekend.  Wish me luck.

glad to have you on the team,and good luck with your tournament
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FullChoke

Folks,

Please join with me in offering a warm welcome to our newest Roaring 20's team mate - Xarcher. He is an experienced turkey team player and should be a good addition to our group.

:wagon:
FC

FullChoke

Brethren and Cistern,

Help me extend a laurel and hearty welcome to our newest Roaring 20's member - Old Frank. He hails from Georgia and is a dedicated 20 gauge gobbler hunter.
:wagon:

FC