OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 w/ 26" Barrel

Started by davisd9, January 15, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Ordered some Nitro straight 7s in the 1 7/16 oz to run through the 11-87.  Going to try a JellyHead and a Remington Super Full.  Hope to tote her a couple of times this spring.  After getting a pattern I am going to put some TruGlo Rifle Sights on her and she will be ready to rumble.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Uvagobbler

I have a 20 ga in a 11-87 with a 26" barrel also. Mine patterned the nitro #7 best with a Indian creek .555. I tried a truglo ssx with the nitro #7 and the Indian creek was better. However, the ssx was lights out with hevi-13 #7. Both were good, try several combinations and see what works with your gun. I'm getting ready to try a sumtoy 562-5 with federal heavyweight #7 and see what happens.
         Good luck, Mike

davisd9

Quote from: Uvagobbler on January 15, 2014, 11:42:32 PM
I have a 20 ga in a 11-87 with a 26" barrel also. Mine patterned the nitro #7 best with a Indian creek .555. I tried a truglo ssx with the nitro #7 and the Indian creek was better. However, the ssx was lights out with hevi-13 #7. Both were good, try several combinations and see what works with your gun. I'm getting ready to try a sumtoy 562-5 with federal heavyweight #7 and see what happens.
         Good luck, Mike

Thanks for the information.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

nyhunter

I'm still searching for that magic combo for my 26" 870 gun. I have tried the ssx,tru-lock, Rem. Superfull "both new and old" with the FED. Heavy weight and H-13 #7's and its so far haven't hit the right combo. best I can get with any of those combo's is 110-120's

davisd9

Quote from: nyhunter on January 16, 2014, 11:59:31 AM
I'm still searching for that magic combo for my 26" 870 gun. I have tried the ssx,tru-lock, Rem. Superfull "both new and old" with the FED. Heavy weight and H-13 #7's and its so far haven't hit the right combo. best I can get with any of those combo's is 110-120's

Same issues I was having and why I decided to try the Nitros.

sevetts

Take this from me do not shoot a jelly head you will be disappointed! I have yet to find the right choke but the jelly head ain't it I promise. I'd say the Indian creek but its been a lil inconsistent, but much better than the jellyhead. I am going to spend a lot of time with that gun in the coming months and figure it out. I'm going to quess that an undertaker will get it done just haven't got one yet. And yes I shoot nitros. I have never enjoyed shooting a gun as much as this 11 87. (Camo 26") I just didn't have time to make it shoot with my pumps last year. If you can find a rhino for it get it!

davisd9

Now I just need it to warm up a bit.