OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trulock 20g for HW ?

Started by mozer67, January 02, 2014, 06:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Quote from: agturkey on January 03, 2014, 12:31:29 AM
Turlock and Carlson are same choke ;)
Trulock is in Georgia -they make their own product -

Carlsons is in Kansas , but they do plenty of liscenced product for private labels like hevi shot and the like -

Both companies are highly reputable and make the highest quality products -- Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

R AJ

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 19, 2014, 06:15:13 PM
back to my original question.. does anyone know definitely is these are the same choke as the Carlson .575 ?
From my understanding the following is true:

Trulock makes a 575 20 gauge and a 562(they won't tell you) with the latter just for the Fed HW shell.

Carlson chokes do not have a choke tighter than 575 available.
So, the answer is yes and no to the naked eye.

FL-Boss

ok... I currently have the Carlson .575 .... and I'm very happy with the spread of the pattern when shooting Fed #7. It's the exact density I like.    Only issue is the pattern is consistently a little "spotty" in one section.

So I was thinking about the Trulock .575  - but if the choke is the same ( they sure look the exact same)  I see no reason in purchasing it. 
I know they also have a .562 choke for the FC shells. I also know this will be the tightest pattern - but "tightest" is NOT what I want.  ( I already have a Sumtoy that will put close to 200 in a 10in @40 yards )

Seems the .575 (non ported) is the perfect choke for me.  But only Carlson and Trulock make this in Benelli threads as far as I can tell. 

Devastator

SOOOO buy the Trulock and try it and if ya don't like it,send it back and get your money back,simple as that!!

lakeplainshunter

I just ordered the Trulock Precision Hunter to see how it compares to the Carlson.  I am pretty happy with the Carlson so far.

FL-Boss

See below.. I just got a Trulock. It's the exact same as the Carlson....just different writing. Save yourself $15 or so and get the Carlson.

mightyjoeyoung

No.  They are not the same choke.  Carlson's and trulock ARE NOT affiliated.  Period
  I have spoken to both and BOTH have said the same thing.  Whoever says they are is misinformed.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

FL-Boss

I can tell you I have both of them in my hand now... they are the EXACT same in every possible way. I'm not saying one makes chokes for the other... but these two model chokes (.575 20GA) are the same.

lakeplainshunter

The question now is do they pattern the same?

They do look very similar.  I will inspect them next week noting any differences in this Post.

lakeplainshunter

They are definitely not made by the same company.  The biggest difference of consequence that I noted is the ID of the Carlson has been polished.  The Trulock has not.  The knurling is different along with the bluing, but that is just cosmetic.  They do look very similar at first look.

Red Huck

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 23, 2014, 07:16:36 PM
I can tell you I have both of them in my hand now... they are the EXACT same in every possible way. I'm not saying one makes chokes for the other... but these two model chokes (.575 20GA) are the same.

Well you have it ,shoot it and see if you get a more even pattern out of it . IF not send it back for a refund.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 19, 2014, 06:15:13 PM
back to my original question.. does anyone know definitely is these are the same choke as the Carlson .575 ?

You got the answer.  They ARE NOT the same chokes.  One is not made by the other  and they never have been.  Carlson's does not make tru-lock and tru-lock does not make Carlson's. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: timb on January 02, 2014, 06:57:53 PM
Quote from: mozer67 on January 02, 2014, 06:53:31 AM
I have a mossberg 500 20ga turkey gun and was having trouble finding the exact trulock choke tube that is made to shoot federal HW #7's. Anyone know the model/part# that will fit my gun? Thanks !
you may have to call them to find out,they will help ya out.
That's what I did. 
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."