turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trulock 20g for HW ?

Started by mozer67, January 02, 2014, 06:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozer67

I have a mossberg 500 20ga turkey gun and was having trouble finding the exact trulock choke tube that is made to shoot federal HW #7's. Anyone know the model/part# that will fit my gun? Thanks !

FL-Boss

With that Mossberg... and Fed HW #7 .... Sumtoy is the best choke...

mozer67

Which constriction would work best in the sumtoy?

FL-Boss

I think it was a .562 ...not sure. Just call him and he will tell you which one you need.  All I can tell you is that if you are shooting that load in a Moss 20ga... his choke is the best. 

mozer67

Ok, thanks, I'll give him a call. Gonna try 20ga this year and I've heard with the proper load/choke they can be just as effective as a 12ga.

Devastator

Quote from: mozer67 on January 02, 2014, 06:53:31 AM
I have a mossberg 500 20ga turkey gun and was having trouble finding the exact trulock choke tube that is made to shoot federal HW #7's. Anyone know the model/part# that will fit my gun? Thanks !
you may have to call them to find out,they will help ya out.

FL-Boss

It will be plenty effective .  You will see 160+ .... I get up to 180 with mine. 20ga is just so much easier to carry IMO.  When I got my SA-20 mossberg.. I knew right then I was selling all my 12ga turkey guns I had.. I knew I would never carry them again.

agturkey

Turlock and Carlson are same choke ;)

BowBendr

Quote from: agturkey on January 03, 2014, 12:31:29 AM

Not sure I follow you there...the Trulock choke is a .560 and the Carlsons is a .575, one comes from Georgia and the other from Kansas.......please elaborate......

To answer the OP's question, you are looking for Trulock model # F7WIN20SPL.

agturkey

Unless I have been told wrong by Scott Carlson...Trulock and Carlson are the same...but yes different dia are an option.

Quote from: BowBendr on January 05, 2014, 10:40:30 PM

Not sure I follow you there...the Trulock choke is a .560 and the Carlsons is a .575, one comes from Georgia and the other from Kansas.......please elaborate......

To answer the OP's question, you are looking for Trulock model # F7WIN20SPL.

mossyoakpro

Not true....George Trulock is a friend of mine.  He does make a lot of other peoples chokes but Carlson's is not one of them unless he just started recently.
Phillippians 4:13

FL-Boss

Anymore info on this?  I was looking at a Trulock Precision Hunter and Carlson XD .. they are both .575 and look identical?  Only difference I see is the Carlson costs about $10 bucks less.
Wondering if I should try the Trulock (already have the carlson)

BowBendr

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 18, 2014, 05:30:50 PM
Anymore info on this?  I was looking at a Trulock Precision Hunter and Carlson XD .. they are both .575 and look identical?  Only difference I see is the Carlson costs about $10 bucks less.
Wondering if I should try the Trulock (already have the carlson)

I have heard of excellent patterns coming from the trulock .575 choke and the Feds but have not tried it myself. I've only shot the #7 choke at .560. Seems like there was a pattern pic or two floating around here, but i'm not sure...

earlyriser

This was shot at 55 degrees with a little of a crosswind. I was pleased with the Trulock Fed HW choke for hunting conditions.

FL-Boss

back to my original question.. does anyone know definitely is these are the same choke as the Carlson .575 ?