turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger M3500

Started by Bustabeak, March 10, 2011, 10:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

Hello everyone!First off,  I am new to the forum and look forward to gaining some turkey wisdom from you guys!
2nd, anyone have any dealings with Stoeger guns, the M3500 in particular? I know its a new gun out for them but just curious if anyone had one? I can't afford the SBEII and figured this was next in line. I have one coming in next week! Thanks in advance!

bird

From everything that I read that is suppose to be one hell of a gun.  I even tried to buy one today from our local Scheels store but we just couldn't come to an agreement on a gun I was trading in so I passed.  I still plan on getting one, just not from Scheels.

grousec

Got my hands on one today for the first time.  Impressive, if I were looking for a turkey gun I think I would look hard at one.

VAHUNTER

not a thing wrong with  Stoeger  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

:welcomeOG:
Good things come to those who wait

reynolds243

i got the 2000 2 years ago with both stocks and 2 barrels...i love the thing personally and have nothing but good things to say about them. For the money they are by far the best auto loader you can get. I have also heard very good things about the 3500 and may even try to pick one up sometime over the next year or so.

i will say however they still do have some recoil to them, i had to add some weight to the stock (they are VERY light to start with) to reduce it by some. It is no where near pump recoil but definitely more then gas auto loader.

I have a few other buddies that have the 2000 and have zero complaints about them.

Bustabeak

Finally pick it up today!!! Can't wait to shoot it!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

allchokedup

You're going to love it. I let my son use my M2000 and he won't let me have it back; He shot an Osceola with this morning. Great guns but, just like any new gun, give her a good cleaning. Congrats.

Ctomp1974

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 11, 2011, 09:04:36 PM
i got the 2000 2 years ago with both stocks and 2 barrels...i love the thing personally and have nothing but good things to say about them. For the money they are by far the best auto loader you can get. I have also heard very good things about the 3500 and may even try to pick one up sometime over the next year or so.

i will say however they still do have some recoil to them, i had to add some weight to the stock (they are VERY light to start with) to reduce it by some. It is no where near pump recoil but definitely more then gas auto loader.

I have a few other buddies that have the 2000 and have zero complaints about them.

My dad has the same combo and loves it. The 3500 I held at the nwtf convention is a little more stout(beefier).

Nice!

drum817

GREAT looking shotgun....  :z-guntootsmiley: :icon_thumright: :z-guntootsmiley:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Bustabeak

Thanks everyone!! My first auto loader! Hope I can break it in right here in georgia in a couple weeks. Just hope I don't get caught trying to pump the thing! Ha! Good luck to everyone this season!

bird

Did you get the 24" or the 26" barrel?

Make sure you let us know what choke you go with and how she patterns.

I am very interested in this gun.

Good Luck

bird

drum817

Quote from: bird on March 12, 2011, 09:55:42 PM
Did you get the 24" or the 26" barrel?

Make sure you let us know what choke you go with and how she patterns.

I am very interested in this gun.

:agreed: .....ME TOO
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

bowhunter84

Bustabeak

I got the 26" and I've been reading up it and a lot of people like the factory turkey choke. I'm hoping to be able to use my old briley choke. If I can find it!  As soon as I get to the range I'll definitely let you guys know! Ceck this out,  close to the last post. May help some of you guys out with the patterning questions before I can shoot mine!
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=608845