OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Limbsaver precision-fit recoil pad installation question.

Started by wildcat14, March 10, 2011, 10:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat14

I bought a Limbsaver precision-fit pad for my 835.  It came today and I having trouble seeing how this thing goes.  I bought the 10201.  That was the model that I found was supposed to fit.  I was looking at the instructions that came with the pad and the ones here http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/images/old_images/precision-fit.jpg My stock is wood and going by the instructions I am going to have to drill two new holes.  That's no big deal.  However, I'm not seeing how the pad will mount once I do.  It came with an adapter that is shown in the pic.  Going by what it says in the pic the adapter may not have to be used.  It is way smailler than the end of my stock any way.  If the way I am reading it is correct I can screw the pad straight on the gun without the adapter.  However, the is a big U shaped piece of plastic on the pad on the side that goes on the gun.  There is a slot in the adapter that it fits in.  Am I supposed to cut that piece off if I don't use the adapter.  If I don't use the adapter, it's not going to work with it on there and the adapter doesn't fit right.  Maybe I explained that right.

GOLD HUNTER

:-\   all my Limbsaver were precision-fit pad for synthetic stocks....your guess is as good as mine.

brian 

archery1

i also got the 10201 for my mossy 835 synthetic stock. didnt use the adapter. just put on back of stock and used my old screws. lines up good. alittle short on bottom. nothing that kills me.  if u can use the adapter  use it. you might need a different model since you can't put pad on with that u shape on back. or just sand or grind that curve on bottom of the adapter.
Take a kid hunting

SKFOOTER

The #10201 is for Mossberg 835 synthetic stocks.  You need to print off the templates from Limbsaver's website and match the end of your stock to the one that fits it.

mossy835

Go to their web site and call the 800 number at the bottom of their page they will help you with it. Nice company to deal with and right down the road from where I live.
Remember we are on the west coast so there will be a time difference.
http://limbsaver.com/

Good Luck Mike

wildcat14

I never really paid attention to what the stock was.  It's camo and I just assumed it was synthetic.