turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thermacell and Ticks

Started by FullChoke, February 08, 2011, 09:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

I know that Thermacell is very effective at repelling fly insects like mosquitoes  :chucknorris: and biting gnats :bat2:.
Does it work against crawling bugs like ticks   :character0029: and chiggers   :jackson:?

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

keyser12ga

It only works on the flying bugs, still need deet or other chemical repellent for chiggers and ticks.  Wearing a tight fitting baselayer seems to help against bites.

Skeeterbait

Thermacell for the fliers, Permanone for the crawlers

TrophyTracker

You can still pick the ticks off of you and drop them into the grill of the ThermaCELL, and it will kill them instantly. That's how I kill time in the late part of the Pennsylvania season when the gobblers are trying to test my patience, and the ticks are more than willing to play :D
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

doublelung

My experience here in Iowa has been great!! When I was useing it, I didn't get any ticks. The times that it was forgotten, and in the same areas, I got ticks. I don't believe it is supposed to work that way but did for me the last few years. Very good investment....
I'd rather be in the woods thinking about God, than be in church thinking about being in the woods...

jbrown

Can't live without the cell!!!

Missed-Em

Used the Repel Permanone last year and no ticks or chiggers!!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkeytromp

Repel is what I use and works unreal! I have never had any bugs,ticks mosquitos or any insects bother me while this was being used, Just spray it on all your clothes and let completely dry and your good to go the whole turkey season! I swear by this stuff in the spring turkey woods.