turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New senior citizen joining the site

Started by longislandloco, November 08, 2013, 08:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longislandloco

Hi to all, senior citizen turkey hunter stoppin' in from New York.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

gophert

Quote from: longislandloco on November 08, 2013, 08:35:44 AM
Hi to all, senior citizen turkey hunter stoppin' in from New York. Been huntin' with a 20GA my whole life, since I've been collecting Social Security for a while thats a long time. Got my first 20 as a teen and never gave any thought to another gauge.

I currently hunt with my four old faithfuls, a Savage 220D, Savage 58, H&R Topper and a Mossberg 500. I hunt like Pop and Grandpop did, blued guns and no camo, showing my age I guess.

:welcomeOG:

Just hang around the 20 ga forum for a while.  You will soon be dreaming of 10" circles full of tiny pellet holes that reach out to distances your grandpop told you to never think about.  At first you will resist, but the allure of the dark side will overcome you and soon you will be spending more money to turn those four old faithfuls to turkey sniper rifles.  Welcome to the dark side!

outdoors

:agreed:   WELCOME. GLAD TO SEE A NEW MEMBER , ESPECIALLY  SENIORS THE  KNOWLEDGE THAT  WE ALL CAN USE.  :welcomeOG:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

gobblergls

Welcome aboard on your first post.  From one old dog to another, you, too, can learn new tricks. ;)
More than a handful of us love single-shots, especially the old 220 alphabet series of Savage. Gil

redarrow

Welcome to a fellow oldtimer.Jump right in,pull up a stump and enjoy our campfire. :wagon:

gwa

Welcome aboard! I am a medium timer but new to using a twenty gauge.....

Denny

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

o2stk1

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

R AJ

:welcomeOG: From way down south in lower Alabama, as in one mile from the Florida line.

You can relay to some of these guys what a 20 gauge used to do and what it still can do. My gun is about as good as it ever was. It's me that's beginning to wear out. ;)