turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cnerokee Sports Decoy

Started by WyoHunter, March 10, 2011, 06:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

Does anyone have any experience with Cherokee Sports decoys? You blow them up like a beach ball and they look realistic and decent price too. Here's a link to their website - www.cherokee-sports.com. 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Garrett Trentham

I used them last year and liked them. They look good and you get a good variety of birds at a decent price. I thought they might be too shiney, but I was impressed by how real they looked even in the open sun. Four birds were killed over them last year. The only bad part was having to blow them up prior to use. Though, once I got them inflated completely, I could fit two completely inflated in the back of my vest and move from spot to spot without issue. At the end of the day I would deflate each to about 25% for the next day.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

guesswho

You can cut out the little flapper thats in the valve that keeps them from loosing air while inflating them.  Without this valve they are easier and quicker to inflate and deflate.   I learned this from my first two or three girlfriends who came with this feature.

I don't use deke's, but if I did it would probably be an inflatable.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Skeeterbait

I have a set that were given to me but I haven't used them,  I am not a decoy user.  I did blow them up and look at them in the yard, like to have hyperventilated  ;D  The coloration is realistic but they are very glossy in the sun.

alloutdoors

Quote from: guesswho on March 10, 2011, 06:53:19 PM
You can cut out the little flapper thats in the valve that keeps them from loosing air while inflating them.  Without this valve they are easier and quicker to inflate and deflate.   I learned this from my first two or three girlfriends who came with this feature.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :z-winnersmiley: :groupwave:

Hootowl

I have a Set of 4 and when I got them I thought they looked real good, So I inflated a few and set them outside, the sun was shining and that was my only concern. But I have a Wood lot that is always shaded my try them in there, and use them that way. I will be cutting out that flapper value for sure like to killed me blowing up 3, Really in the Full sun they are not that bad. Bang, Bang.......

Hoot

bowhunter84

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 10, 2011, 09:51:47 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :z-winnersmiley: :groupwave:
:TooFunny:

renegade19

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 10, 2011, 09:51:47 PM

Line of the year!    I use those dekes, they work well for me.

doepee

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

doepee

I hunt open corn and bean fields , I have two hens the upright and the feeder they dont look to bad the heads are very realistic...last year was the first year I used them and took a 24 1/2 lb gobbler the first time I used them..  He was in love!   p.s. -- push a striker into the valve before you blow them up and before you deflate them.. it goes a little quicker

handcannon

Guesswho........son, you just aint right!

I've thought about trying them. I'd probably use decoys more if they werent so cumbersome to carry. I like the idea of them being able to sit in a pocket in the vest till I need them.

With the sun glare issue, can something like a scotchbrite pad ruffing over them knock off a little bit of the gloss without damaging the decoy? Seems like it may take some of the luster off of them.

Hootowl

I inflated mine today with Full sun, and it didn't seem that bad? I really don't see that running a Scotchbrite pad over them would do any good. Like I said they were out today, with Full Sun, and were not that Bright. I am going to Work on the Value though, That's the only problem I had with Mine.

Hoot

WyoHunter

How much effort is required to inflate the strutter and the hen? Also how long did it take to inflate them?
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

handcannon

I was thinking about these decoys today. Could you use something like a CO2 dispenser to inflate quickly and save your lungs. I seen a few small units that were designed for airing up bicycle tires and had adapters (straws) that could be used for cleaning stuff like keyboards. For that much, a can of CO2 that you buy at any office supply store should work as long as you did not spray any of that freezing liquid inside. Just a thought.

TrackeySauresRex

:z-winnersmiley:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:

I don't use deeks all that much anny more

Pros...I have used the cheroke's a while back and have been lucky with them.Small, lite and look good... Con's they don't last forever they'll leak. They take time to set up ..when your sneakin around the last thing I want to do is blow up a decoy.
:anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."