Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

#2 Warning Sign..Hardening of the Heart 11/10/13

Started by pappy, November 10, 2013, 11:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Here is number two warning sign that we all really need to take heed to. The hardening of our hearts.
Hebrews 3: 7-12...Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

My oh my, what a terrible thing to hear, to fall under the wrath of God! How can anyone lay their head down at night without having the understanding that God is real and aware of their condition, spiritually and physically speaking, knowing their heart, whether or not it is full of compassion and obedience or hardened and full of disrespect? It goes without saying that God will not tolerate any disrespect, as we see in verse 11; and let me say this, He warned them continually throughout those 40 years, but as they journeyed meeting hardship after hardship, their heart became as stone and they turned their backs on God, DO NOT LET HARDSHIP IN YOUR LIFE RULE YOUR HEART.... why?
Because sooner or later we begin to stop believing, believing that God is real, His works are real, His love is real, His promises are real and the list goes on and on until we stop believing altogether, until it is too late, our faith dwindles to nothing, and we must understand this, that God's word is sharper then any two edged sword, cutting to the very soul of a man, revealing whatever lies inside, His word is definite, and the ultimate last word, when we stand before Him, when our time here is over.
But...Praise be to God! Thank the Lord that as the warning signals keep going out, that there are men and women who are diligently spreading the Gospel, the truth and nothing but the truth! Some where down the road, some one will hear and believe, some one will realize their hardened heart needs to be rescued..."and seeing we have a great high priest ( Jesus )" who knows about our hardships, who feels our infirmities, and who was tempted in all ways and yet stood without sin!" Let us turn to the throne, get on our knees, seek His mercy and Grace and Forgiveness for our falling away, our hardened heart, seek His compassion, His Love in our time of need and rise up above the hardships of life on the shoulders of Christ!  Because as our condition would continue to worsen ( if we do not seek out the Lord ) this disease would soon reach out to other areas of our body (spiritually speaking) and continue to make it harder to turn away from our wicked ways...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net