OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke/shell combo for stoeger m3500 does anyone have one

Started by 20ga.turkeyshooter, November 09, 2013, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20ga.turkeyshooter

I want to know of a good choke/shell combo in a stoeger m3500 that will knock a bird down at 45 yards

gobblingghost

Rutnstrut did have a 3500 with a sumtoy choke but I don't know shells he was using or if he still has it

SumToy

650 to 665.  A lot of it is do you want a 3 inch shell or 31/2.  We have seen them bump the 290/300 mark with both chokes and HV13 7's.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

20ga.turkeyshooter

I'm only 14 years old. But I've shot my first 3 1/2 inch when I was 8 and shot them ever since for turkeys so I would like a 3 1/2 inch unless you some how find a 3 inch shell that patterns better than a 3 1/2 :fud:
So did the hevi 13 pattern better than magblends
Thanks

SumToy

As in HV13 95% of the time it will be 6's then Magblends then 7's on the numbers. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

20ga.turkeyshooter

So the hevi 6 shot patterned better than magblends and 7s

SumToy

The 7's will give the high numbers in most all guns. 

Xcal1ber

I have had the best luck with a Hevi Shot choke, and The Hevi Shot 3.5'' #7's #6's and also the Mag blends in 3.5'' done well.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.