Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

7 sins I could do without...10/27/13

Started by pappy, October 27, 2013, 10:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

What makes us turn to: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. Ever realize how easy it is to step across the line and enter into the enemies camp? Especially when you take each step wearing the shoes of sin?  Proverbs 6:16-19 declares, "There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 1) haughty eyes, 2) a lying tongue, 3) hands that shed innocent blood, 4) a heart that devises wicked schemes, 5) feet that are quick to rush into evil, 6) a false witness who pours out lies, and 7) a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
Pay attention to " feet that are quick to rush into evil"....because no matter where we go in life, we get there by walking or running...and whatever we step into (cow pies or trouble) we do so because we chose to follow a certain path. But, what the writer here is saying, is that God wants us to follow Him, and to walk the path He has laid out for us. When we veer away it isn't because He has pushed us off the path, it is because we had fallen prey to one of the above mentioned tempting sins.
Can we avoid all of them?  No. As long as we are in the flesh, we will eventually fall from Grace in one area or another of our lives, and Praise the Lord, even though these sins are usually classified as "Deadly" they still Praise be to God, that through Jesus Christ, all of our sins, including these "seven deadly sins," can be forgiven (Matthew 26:28; Acts 10:43; Ephesians 1:7).
My advice to who ever reads this devotional is to take a good look at your shoes.......

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy ! God Bless You & your family !   :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey