turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

S.O.C.K. Drive For Our Veterans Hospital

Started by redarrow, October 10, 2013, 10:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

A couple years ago I started project S O C K at my church. It stands for Showing Our Christian Kindness.After a fall from my tree stand that broke my back and almost cost me my leg I was lying in the hospital bed waiting to be discharged.The nurse handed me a bag with my personal stuff
that was cut off me when I arrived. One boot was all it had. I asked the nurse "what the heck am I suppose to do with one boot ?" Without any hesitation at all she said " Give it to the veterans hospital !" WOW.Humbled to say the least. Billy Rays song came to mind. "All gave some,some gave all."
A friend at the gun club I belong to told me about the need for socks and other items our veterans need at the Veterans Hospital in Ann Arbor.I contacted the hospital to see what I could do. They need NEW white socks,white t shirts ,and boxer style skivvies.This years goal is 250 pair. Last year I collected 150 pair. If you care to contribute you may send me a PM and I will send you my address.I will be delivering these item to the hospital on Veterans Day Nov.11th. Or why not start your own "Project SOCK." Thank you.  :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

mossy835

Wow 21 views and not one comment or support for these veterans?

RutnNStrutn

I'll donate some!! How about you mossy835? And how 'bout the rest of you OG'ers? Who won't support our military vets? Dig deep, support those who fight for our freedom!! :icon_thumright:

redarrow

Thank you both.God's blessings to you and yours.

mossy835

Good people that gave a lot hope they have what they need!

flintlock

Nice work Billie, spurring others unto good works!

I will mail you a check to cover some socks Billie so you can also use the shipping costs for purchasing.

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

allaboutshooting

That's good work. Thank you for what you are doing.

We have a similar ongoing project through our church here. We deliver socks, underwear, comforters and other personal items to veterans at the Veterans Home in Anna, IL.

I believe the visits may at times mean as much as the items that are taken..

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."