Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 09/06/2013 "Doers and Hearers Part II"

Started by BOFF, September 06, 2013, 07:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Last week we read Luke 11:27-28 with the focus on "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!". This morning we look at the verses of scripture which helps us to be able to hear the Word, and know God's plan:

John 16:5-15 (NKJV)

The Work of the Holy Spirit

5 "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?' 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

I had to read the above verses several times through, and let it soak in, and re read again, as there is a lot of meat in the above. Let us look particularly at verse 13:

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. "

We are told, we will have a Counselor, a Helper, a person of God, to be with us, at all times to tell us (speak); to guide us;  in the Truth of God.

Therefore, we have no excuse, other than our own sin, to be going down the wrong paths.

Heavenly Father,

What a Blessing of refreshment in noting we have the guidance of the Holy Spirit, in telling us the Truth of God. What a wonderful friend we have!! A personal Counselor, Helper, and all time provider of Your Word!!

Help us to listen, to ask, and to follow our Conselor's truth in all things.

May we be in tune with the Holy Spirit, giving Him acknowledgement, and reverance throughout each day.

Thank You Father, for being a wonderful God. A God of compassion, grace, mercy, and eternal salvation for us all, through Your precious son Jesus.

It is in His sweet name, we ask, and Claim these things, Amen!!

*Spell check is still down on my computer. Please excuse my typos.*

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net