OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger 3500

Started by wa1sth, August 12, 2013, 08:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wa1sth

Just sent my crappy trigger housing out to Rob Roberts to have it reworked. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

Mike Honcho

Sounds good...Mine has a horrible trigger pull too.  I will send my to a gunsmith friend who build release triggers for trap guns...he always does a good job on triggers for me.   

Let us know how yours turns out.

Honcho

wa1sth

Got my trigger back from Rob Roberts today.  They did an excellent job.
Creep is gone and it feels nice probably in the 3.5 pound range.  I do not know for sure but up front he said it would be in that range.  Have not shot it yet but it feels GREAT in comparison to the piece of crap it was before the work.  Just thought I would let everyone know.  I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has had trigger work done on this gun and if they were pleased.

wa1sth

Shot the gun today after the trigger work......it was fantastic in comparison to the stock trigger.  Before the work it was really rough with a lot of creep and I guess in the 8 to 9  pound range.  Needless to say I am VERY happy with it.  Did some patterning pellet count was 200 in ten inch plate at 40 yards.  Was shooting 3 inch HW number sevens with a jellyhead choke.  Tried three inch mag blends and the count was around 150. I guess I should be able to do better, may have to look at other chokes.  Anyway just wanted to let others know how GREAT the trigger is.
Before the work you knew very much when you pulled the trigger now it is like night and day. Oh, by the way the gun has a 28 inch barrel.