turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Darkness - Danger & Doom, Sisters of Death x Three = SD3

Started by bird, March 10, 2011, 12:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Recently I paid a visit to Ryan Bonjour's shop and took a ton of pictures of him working on some calls one day.  I thought it would be cool to show his shop and some of the process that goes into making a turkey call.  What I failed to disclose at that time was that the calls that he was working on were actually calls that he was making for me.  I cannot begin to explain how ecstatic I am with the outcome of the calls I shall call them SD3 or Sisters of Death x Three.  

All 3 Sisters are solid Gabon Ebony in it purest form.  Sister number one has a glass 1/4 etched calling surface with an elk antler soundboard.  I actually think she sounds like a guy but we won't say that too loud and we'll keep that between us cuz she's kinda gotta a temper and doesn't like it when people mistake her for a warlock and not a witch.

Sister number two is solid black all the way around.   She has a glass soundboard with a black anodized aluminum calling surface and man does she ever sound so sweet like some little young hen with her seductive little voice.  

And then there is sister number three.  Now all three sisters are evil in nature but this sister is just down right hypnotic with her bossy tone wanting to roll over and play hard to get teasin' ya with her ceramic calling surface and glass soundboard.  This girl can whisper sweet nothings to you ever so softly and then scream with a rasp and a tone that would make the devil come running himself just to see what was goin' on.

Evil I tell ya, all three of these girls are plain down right EVIL.  

The Wicked Wands are Yellow Heart with Ebony tips, straight and flared tipped.  There is an Ebony straight tip solid one piece striker and then there is the flare tipped Purpleheart wand that snags the girls inner beauty and just makes them sing.  One striker that I haven't shown yet is a flared tipped Hickory and is nothing but pure deadly.  So deadly that I can't even get close enough to get a picture of him.  These flared tipped strikers that Ryan has made are second to none.  I now know that I will have a very difficult decision trying to decide which sister and which wand gets to do the talkin' this spring.  I guess they will just have to take turns reeking havoc on the turkey population.  SDX coming to the woods near YOU!!!

Ryan I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time and making these calls for me.  

You sir are the man!

Al

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

BowBendr

Now that's a killer set of sisters. Congrats Bird.  :icon_thumright:

Cut*N*Run

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

archery1

Take a kid hunting

Flydown

Bad to the bone calls Al! Bonjour makes some great looking killers! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

greenhead11

harvester

Bonjour

Sisters of death, I love the new name Bird.  :you_rock: I'm glad you like them and hopefully there will be lots of blood on them after this spring. Can't wait to see the pics of the wreckage these girls are going to do this spring. Thanks for coming over and doing the play by play for me also, that was a lot of fun. Now just the long wait for season to roll around and they can be put to good use. Thank you
         Ryan

Sully53

mossy835

You do like those ebony calls and I have to admit they look great. Getting to see them made has to be a bonus. Hope they bring in the birds for you.
Mike
:z-winnersmiley:

handcannon

Bird, you need to write a book. I bet you would make a good horror and suspense writer. Kept me interested and now I'm ready for season to open to read the next chapter. Either that or you need to be in advertising. Heck, you got me sold on em!

Ryan, those are truly some beautiful pots and strikers. Awesome job! (PS. You need to put Al on the payroll!)