turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Survivng.....devotional 7/28/13

Started by pappy, July 28, 2013, 11:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Survival.  Not of the fittest, but of the spiritually sound.  Plain and simple. We face so many obstacles in life. Many hit us in the face like a brick, some sneak up on us like a King Cobra and strike when we take our guard down and some build up like a volcano where over time they erupt like Mt. Saint Helen, creating devastation unlike any before seen in our lives.
What we need to survive is a sound spiritual background, a footing, or foundation, one that is stronger then anything that could come against it and one that is renewable. In my mind that is Christ, no doubt about it.
Matthew 7:24 - Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
You have heard this scripture over the years, now it is time to take it to heart. The only way you can survive an earthquake of Satanic assaults is to build your life on a firm foundation of faith. I live on one of this country's most active earthquake faults, the New Madrid Fault, in 1811/12 it trembled the earth in Biblical proportions, at one point it caused the Mississippi River to run backwards creating Reelfoot Lake, hundreds lost lives and farms, there were earthquakes before, small ones, light trembling seemingly non-destructive ones, but it was building up.....just like the stress and strain of every day living, building up in our lives, little by little chipping away at our foundations, until one day. going un-noticed and unattended, everything collapses.
This is when we are at our most vulnerable state and Satan knows it. This is why our strength has to be at its peak, this is why our spiritual foundations have to be sound and stable. In this flesh it is not unusual to lose some of our spiritual strength, but isn't it great to know that thru Christ we can be renewed...."But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
He is our strength, His word is our Foundation and neither will fail.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy !   

God Bless You My Friend !   :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

BOFF

Great Devotional Jack!!

God Bless,
David B.