News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

got a jellyhead on sale

Started by AR_gobblergetter, March 09, 2011, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_gobblergetter

:z-guntootsmiley:
Im in Lafayette La for the week in school for work, went by acadamy a min ago and got a .665 Jellyhead on sale for 32.00 , also got some federal flightcontrol 3 1/2 #5's turkey loads, on sale, Ive still yet to shoot my new gun, but now I have one more box of shells and a diff choke to try  . .cant wait hope it shoots well! rem 870 sm 23in barrel, gonna have the truglo red dot on it too! :z-guntootsmiley:

BOFF

Quote from: AR_gobblergetter on March 09, 2011, 10:49:44 PM
Im in Lafayette La for the week in school for work, went by acadamy a min ago and got a .665 Jellyhead on sale for 32.00 , also got some federal flightcontrol 3 1/2 #5's turkey loads, on sale, Ive still yet to shoot my new gun, but now I have one more box of shells and a diff choke to try  . .cant wait hope it shoots well! rem 870 sm 23in barrel, gonna have the truglo red dot on it too! :z-guntootsmiley:

Reads well!!

However, the flight control wads usually don't like the choke tubes with slots in them from what I read. I may be wrong, maybe someone else can verify.

Regardless, I hope you get good results.

God Bless,
David B.

Basser69

Quote from: Spuriosity on March 10, 2011, 08:58:02 AM
Quote from: AR_gobblergetter on March 09, 2011, 10:49:44 PM
Im in Lafayette La for the week in school for work, went by acadamy a min ago and got a .665 Jellyhead on sale for 32.00 , also got some federal flightcontrol 3 1/2 #5's turkey loads, on sale, Ive still yet to shoot my new gun, but now I have one more box of shells and a diff choke to try  . .cant wait hope it shoots well! rem 870 sm 23in barrel, gonna have the truglo red dot on it too! :z-guntootsmiley:
Great deal on the choke. I'm sure you will like it. Go ahead and shoot the 3.5" 5s you bought; I'm sure they will kill turkeys just fine. Then buy one box, just one box of H13 6s or 7s and prepare to have your eyes opened in a big way. You will not believe the difference in the patterns.

:icon_thumright: :agreed: :icon_thumright:

AR_gobblergetter

ive got severa; boxes of magnum blend and 6, 7

surehuntsalot

good luck on testing your gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

JeffD

Quote from: AR_gobblergetter on March 11, 2011, 07:40:59 PM
ive got severa; boxes of magnum blend and 6, 7

Give the 3" Hevi 13's 6s a try. They pattern better for me than the Magnum Blends. Just keep trying different choke/shell combinations until you get something that you are happy with then quit fretting and go hunting with confidence!