Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Are You Just tired of being tired...07/21/13

Started by pappy, July 21, 2013, 11:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Matthew 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Man, I don't know about you, but I am so tired of being tired of what is going on around me....the disgust for the things of this world is growing inside me at a rate that is , well, unbelievable. I am tired of trying to make it, and if it wasn't for my faith, I know I would have given up months if not years ago.
We, as Christians, sometimes forget our place in this society.... Matthews 5 says, We are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, we should let our light shine before others, so that they may see our good works and give glory to our Father who is in heaven.  Oh but it is so hard to do this when so much darkness wants to engulf us....I remember a fine example once I did in church, during the evening service I had all the lights turned off, even the outside lights, it was so black you couldn't see you hand in front of your face. As I began to preach I lit a match, the light from it swallowed my whole face, and it shined like a star in the darkened skies....everyone in the church was glued to it, their eyes were fixed on it ..... all this attention from one tiny little match. As the light grew dimmer and dimmer, their attention began to change, I could hear folks shifting in the pews, whispering to one another, and as the light diminished completely, complete silence fell on the congregation, (did they all leave) obviously not, they were waiting for another match....My point is simple, when we get too tired to shine, or our light begins to fade away, we need to get another one, we need to go back to Jesus to get renewed, we need to forget what the world is telling us, and turn to the truth of the matter. Strike that match in the name of the Lord and shine like a city on a hillside, I have made many a trip to the feet of Jesus, and will continue to do so as long as I am on the world, for if I let it drag me down to its level of disgust then all is lost for the next should I may happen to meet.  I know "this little light of mine" is a gift from God, and I will use it in my life even if I grow weary and become heavy laidened.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net