Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Coming Together in Christ For Christ! 06/30/13 Devotional

Started by pappy, June 30, 2013, 10:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I was reading Ephesians Chapter 4 and it hit me, so many today claim to come together on Sunday to worship the Lord, we smile and hug or shake hands, listen to the choir, and the the messenger speak. Then we exit out, getting into our cars head home or to the local restaurant and as soon as we sit down for dinner, something happens, strange as it may sound some of us begin to discuss the Sermon, the songs, the way brother or sister was dressed, the carpet that needs cleaned or replaced or how the children miss-behaved......you get the picture.
Ephesians 4 says it like it is and should be said, if we are to come together in God's house, then we are to come together out of it as well!
Ephisians 4 : 1- 3... I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  Living for Christ outside the church is as important if not more important then living for Christ inside the church! The example of life we lead is one that will be followed after for generations to come, we need to ask ourselves are we leading the next generation down the path way to heaven or hell?  All it takes is one slip in front of an impressionable mind....
The Apostle Paul also says...in laymen's terms...." That we from this day live no longer as children tossed about by the winds of deceit and become easy prey for Satan and his army of demonic influences, that we speak and live the truth, so that we grow up in Christ; who is or should be the head of the body of Christ, so that we can come together edifying Him and the works of Christ ino order to profit for God instead of ourselves."
And to cap it all off, the next time we come out of service, before we hit the road, let's remember one more verse.....Ephesians 4: 29...Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. I pray that we all take to heart what Paul is saying, if we are going to claim Christ inside the church then we must claim Him outside as well, in our homes, jobs, publically and privately!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

B-Rad1