OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

htl barrel damage?

Started by the Ward, June 29, 2013, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Just became an htl convert.I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with barrel scoring.Never shot the stuff before and wondered if it is anything to worry about.Not concerned about shooting it in my bps as it is already beat up from a lot of old style large sized steel shot,but the vinci barrel and receiver are one piece so I couldn't replace the barrel if I damaged it.The benelli has a crio barrel and is hard chromed so I think it should hold up ok?I have shot a fair amount of steel thru it and still looks like new,so am I worrying about nothing?I know a little cosmetic scoring shouldn't hurt the patterns much if at all,just would bug me on a gun that I couldn't replace the barrel on,lol!Thanks for any info anyone can pass on....ward

allaboutshooting

I've shot hundreds and hundreds of HTL shot through several Benelli shotguns over the years and have never even seen a streak in any of the barrels.

I've shot several hundred through my Vinci as well and it still looks like new.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

the Ward

Thank you Clark for the info!I didn't figure I would have any problems with it,but I didn't have any real firsthand experience myself with shooting it.Can't wait to hit the patterning board now!Thanks again for your help....ward   

allaboutshooting

You're welcome. I know you'll enjoy your gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."