OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 06/21/2013 "IF"

Started by BOFF, June 21, 2013, 07:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

In reading this moring, I stumbled across something which hit me square in the noggin. I'm not a scholar, nor do I know all the Greek and Hebrew wordings. Nor, do I voice one translation above the others. However, lets look at Colossians 1:17-18 and 1:21-23, Where paul writes about Jesus:

Colossians 1:17-23 (NIV)

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[a] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel.

In reading the above, we see Christ reconcilates ALL things. We read what God has done for each of us in verse 22 :

But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—

But notice the "-" at the ending of the verse? And the wording right after it? (I'm going to make you look for it).

"IF"

"if you continue in your faith"

As I wrote earlier, I'm not going to pretend to know everything. I'm not here to get into deeper hiden meanings of salvation. I am writing today, about what hit me..... what I saw when reading, .....my faith should continue. It should continue through words, and actions. In other words, my walk should match my faith in Jesus Christ.

Does your Jesus, your faith in Him, show to others in all you do and say, everyday, everytime?

Heavenly Father,

May our Faith in You, be pleasing to You. Thank You for it, the hope which carries us through the good and bad times. The Faith which puts us as Christians, apart from the world. Thank you for the joy You have given us. May we be Bibles ourselves, teaching and preaching Your words, accurately, and effeciantly, each and every day. For it is in Jesus' name we ask, and pray these things, Amen!!

Forgive me of the mis spellings, as the spell check was not working this morning. Lol

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net