OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

box calls

Started by ky turkey hunter, June 20, 2013, 10:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ky turkey hunter

Iam going to order a new box call like to get some suggest on wood and call maker 

TauntoHawk

What are you looking for? Shot box, long box, one sider also a call to carry, one to look good, one to be both.

Also price range would be helpful
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ky turkey hunter

Short box , double sided and up to 350.00

ky turkey hunter

And it needs to be a killer it can hang out at the house after season

ferocious calls

pm me. I'll send you a singer.

gwa

Up to 350? Wow!

You can get more than one for that. Kip can fix you up with a good one. Mizz Poplar.......

ky turkey hunter

strutnrut

If you want one of the Hen Boxes I can build you one for less than that. They run a bit different than the Cost style boxes but they are proven killers. You will need to call me and we can talk sound and woods if you are interested. I'm down by Fort Campbell.

Richard

M Sharpe

Quote from: strutnrut on June 22, 2013, 08:02:00 AM
If you want one of the Hen Boxes I can build you one for less than that. They run a bit different than the Cost style boxes but they are proven killers. You will need to call me and we can talk sound and woods if you are interested. I'm down by Fort Campbell.

Richard

You can't go wrong with one of Richards boxes!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Jacobson

Quote from: M Sharpe on June 22, 2013, 08:53:59 PM
Quote from: strutnrut on June 22, 2013, 08:02:00 AM

Richard

You can't go wrong with one of Richards boxes!!
X2 on that one Richards Hen boxes just flat out Rock!!! Check out my box by Richard in Collector's Corner, and I am already thinking of the next one.

turkey-slayer

I would also recommend one of Richard Hudson's Hen boxes. The calls that he makes are all very nice and made of top shelf materials. I've got several of his calls and have called in several nice birds here in Virginia using a Hudson Hen box.

trb136

I can build you a matched set for that price, with some change left over.. :icon_thumright:

TnTurk

Quote from: trb136 on June 24, 2013, 12:39:22 PM
I can build you a matched set for that price, with some change left over.. :icon_thumright:

^^^^^I believe this fella knows a thing or two about what a box call should sound like.  Pure turkey in his calls for sure.  God Bless, Steve

greencop01

:OGturkeyhead:  You can't do better  than a Marlin Watkins 'fiddle box' a lot of turkey in his calls and a great guy to boot.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

willy8457

I agree on Marlins Fiddle boxes , hard to beat, but there are alot of talented call makers on this site.