turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiochi loads

Started by Turkey Terror, March 09, 2011, 06:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Terror

I have some Fiochi Golden pheasant 2-3/4" #5 loads that I wanted to pattern in my dads Ithaca since the Federals he has been shooting didnt pattern worth a crap past 30 yards. The tightest choke he has is a full. These loads are nickle plated. Should I pattern these or would you recommend a different load? thanks
colton

R AJ

You can certainly pattern them . My experience has not been good with Fiocchi turkey loads. If you have a full choke I would try the federal Flite Control shell in a 2 3?4 #6 shot or the Winchester 2 3?4 - 15/8 oz. load in #5 or #6s. Just find your distance that you are comfortable with the numbers and go for it. Lots of birds get real close during mating season.

TheSportsman

fiochi turkey loads suck.... ive got 4 boxes of 5s and 4 boxes of 4s... gotem dirt cheap. good home defense load, haha.

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on March 09, 2011, 06:18:07 PM
You can certainly pattern them . My experience has not been good with Fiocchi turkey loads. If you have a full choke I would try the federal Flite Control shell in a 2 3?4 #6 shot or the Winchester 2 3?4 - 15/8 oz. load in #5 or #6s. Just find your distance that you are comfortable with the numbers and go for it. Lots of birds get real close during mating season.
Robert has offered sage advice. I have used Fiocchi® Golden Pheasant loads for many years for upland bird hunting, albeit 16ga and 20ga. For their intended purpose of upland hunting they were superb. I have not patterned them through my turkey chokes. I did try the Golden Thunder 12ga 3" Magnums with 1¾oz #4, 5, and 6 shot (Pb); and they were terrible. IMHO, the best 12ga Pb ammunition is................
• Federal® Flitecontrol® Mag_Shok® 12ga 3" Mag 1300fps 1¾oz #4, 5, 6 (PFC157F)
• Federal® Flitecontrol® Mag-Shok® 12ga 2¾" Mag 1315fps 1½oz #4, 5, 6 ( PFC156F)
• Winchester® Supreme® 12ga 3" Mag 1300fps 1¾oz #4, 5, 6 (STH1234,5,6)
• Winchester® Supreme® 12ga 2¾" Mag 1300fps 1½oz #4, 5, 6 (STH124,5,6)

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Fiocchi #7.5's pattern well.