turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BOOTS

Started by BreamFly, March 09, 2011, 02:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol'Mossy

I like using rubber boots because sometimes in the spring I have to cross a small stream or walk where it's kind of swampy

ncturkey

I use the old Rocky Longbeard Boots and LaCrosse Aplha Burly Sports too.

Spring_Woods

I wear the danner pronghorn's. I'm as flat footed as they come and I also like the superior ankle support they provide!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

drmarc

For those wearing the Lacrosse Alfaburlys, do they have any ankle/foot support? Lateral stability?

Admittedly I've never had a pair of "hunting" all rubber boots but rubber styles I have had in the past reminded me more of "galosh's" or rain boots mom used to make me wear, no support at all.

Opinions?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."   Thomas Jefferson

gobbler777

Mucks but like others said they can't take a briar or sharp stick.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

handcannon

Just bought my first pair of fang boots. Got the Rocky pro lite lace ups for myself and my son. I was gonna go with another boot but they were out of them. I've been running around in them for the last four days and they are pretty comfy. Little warm but thats to be expected as hot as it is. I can tell my socks are getting a little damp when I walk in water or wash the mud off with the water hose. Gonna try to find something to put on them to help with waterproofing.

Tom Foolery

I wear Danner Pronghorns or Cabelas GoreTex/Cordura Boots:  http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/Turkey-Classic-Hunting-Footwear%7C/pc/105625080/c/106904880/Cabelas-GORE-TEX174-Cordura174-Snake-Boots/721178.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D106904880%26WTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104747580&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104747580%3Bcat106904880

I had a pair of Cabelas that were 2yrs old and had lots of hard miles on them and they started leaking.  I contacted Cabelas and they sent me a new pair for free, told me their clothing/footwear had a lifetime warranty.  New pair is now 4yrs old and no leaks.

mossybird

Lacrosse is the best IMO. i own a pair of Alpha Lites for turkeys and AlphaBurly for deer hunting.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 09, 2011, 04:09:27 PM
I use MUCKS for deer hunting and only mucks.  will never own another pair of lace up boots again. Muck Woody max are the best i have ever used in cold weather.

Amen brother!  I love my woody Max's.  I actually do you them here in PA for spring turkey though as the mornings in early May can still be a bit chilly.  With the liner in them they aren't too bad for warm weather...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

gunnerj

Quote from: drmarc on April 08, 2011, 01:03:29 PM
For those wearing the Lacrosse Alfaburlys, do they have any ankle/foot support? Lateral stability?

Admittedly I've never had a pair of "hunting" all rubber boots but rubber styles I have had in the past reminded me more of "galosh's" or rain boots mom used to make me wear, no support at all.

Opinions?
The hunting rubber boots have more arch support and ankle support/compression ankles to take out slop and tighten the fit. The ain't your run of the mill Servus chore boots. They do get warm though, but if you're swampin', they're the way to go. Rocky, LaCrosse, and Irish Setter all make quality rubber boots.

drmarc

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."   Thomas Jefferson

timbrhuntr

I bought a pair of the Danner Pronghorn snake boots to go to Florida but after reading some of the posts about them leaking I was a little concerned about going through water with them. Well after hunting in Georgia and Florida and going into several swamps and purposely walking in water they held up great. They were very confortable right out of the box and am very glad I bought them. Unfortunately I didn't gey to try them out on any snakes as I didn't see any  ;D .

Hootowl

I love my Muck Boots, But when I need to walk along Distance I would go with Leather boots, so I looking at a different type of Leather Boots for next year.