OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BOOTS

Started by BreamFly, March 09, 2011, 02:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

I have always just hunted in my work boots until this year. I got a pair of Muck Wetlands boots in Jan. and boy they are fine. Comfortable! Light!

I just wear silk dress socks under light wool socks and my feet don't sweat. Roll the tops of the boots down when driving or walking a long road back to the truck.

Best $100 I spent on hunting.

Daman

bnew17

I got this pair of side Zip up Rockys the other day. I like them alot.

http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/9895/1600FQ0001580/Rocky-ProLight-Waterproof-SnakeProof-Boot/

furtracker

I go with LaCrosse

siyakadog

Lacrosse Alpha burly all the way unless you got snakes!  I have Danners also that I love but hate cleaning all the mud out from them.  Had the same pair of danners for 12 years still waterproof, I am really hard on boots, usually would go through a pair of Rockies every year until I tried Danner.

hoyt

I like to wear camo tennis shoes during spring gobbler season. Use to get them from Cablela's  and Basspro, but can't find them anymore.

neal

Danner boots you cannot go wrong with!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

desert_s10

You mind elaborating on your bad experiences with two very reputable boot manufactures?  Only thing I don't like about them is the price... Some Danner boots are made here in the USA & some are not.... Mine are labeled "Made in China".  I have had them for under 2yrs but no complaints.

For my hunting boots I own UN-insulated Danner Pronghorns (came highly recommended when I posed the same question) Once broken in (day or so of wear for me) they have served me well & even when taking a few quick steps in streams, did a good job keeping my feet from becoming water logged

Work boots I go with Steal Toed Redwings #2223 also made in the USA.  Very soft & comfortable for me at work(HVAC) & last me about a year before I wear the tread off them.  I also apply "Tuff-Toe" to the toe otherwise I wear right through the leather in a matter of months.

Quote from: ksgobbler on March 16, 2011, 08:47:57 PM
I am kind of in the same dillema. I have worn rubber boots just because I need the height to get across creeks and suck. Only problem is my feet sweat super bad in them. I wore out a pair of uninsulated goretex rocky 9" high boots last year. I want the snake boots if for nothing else than the high waterproof protection. Just looking for the best deal right now. Wont own Danner or Deadwings ever again.

Boomstick

Quote from: hoyt on March 15, 2011, 06:24:48 AM
I like to wear camo tennis shoes during spring gobbler season. Use to get them from Cablela's  and Basspro, but can't find them anymore.

sounds kinda crazy but you can actually pick up the shoes at walmart, they are brahma brand(walmarts work boot brand) their slip on tennis shoes but their actually really comfy (my gf got me a pair for fishing shoes)

i have personally worn the same pair of wolverine durashox hunting for the last 2 or 3 years, their really comfy
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

WildSpur

I am wearing Danner Radicals now I think.  They are just un-insulated camo hiking boots.  When they wear out, I will be wearing a similar pair of boots that are not camo (already own).

When these boots are done I do not know what I am going to do.  Seems like QC for all the big names leaves a lot to be desired.

Cluck more, yelp less

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

dodger

my muck Woody armor boots have stomped alot of heads over the past few seasons

redleg06

I just picked up some of the Cabelas brand zip up snake boots and so far so good... 

They appear well built and are very comfortable and seem to be lighter than other snake boots Ive worn.

gunnerj

Quote from: gunnerj on March 09, 2011, 07:18:09 PM
I've used Lacrosse alfaburlys the last few years. Only get about 2 years then the ankles go to crap. I picked up a new pair of Irish Setter rubbers(I think buckmasters or something like that) to try this year. As far as lace up, I'm a Danner guy. I need short toes, and have a semi flat foot.
I was out scouting this morning and did about 2 miles in the new Irish Setter rubber boots. Boys,these maybe the most comfortable rubber boot I've ever bought! :jackson:

cannonball

Quote from: OsceolaLongBeard on March 22, 2011, 09:34:26 PM
rocky snake boots 4 turkey/deer seasons and going strong

I am using the Rocky snake boots as well. They are a little warm, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Ozark Ridge Runner

I had a pair of Mucks that lasted about three days before there was a huge hole in the uppers from a snag.  IMO they are not durable enough for the $$$.