turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BOOTS

Started by BreamFly, March 09, 2011, 02:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BreamFly

in the market for some turkey hunting boots Any recommendations for my feet this spring..

shootumindaface

For the first time ever I have boots for every turkey hunting situation..

I have
Danner Pronghorn Snake boots
Danner vanish 6 inch gore tex hikers
Drake Mudder Rubber boots

sugarray

I really like rubber boots.  I have the Cabela's Duratrax uninsulated and they are very comfortable and supportive.

reynolds243

depends on where you hunt and what all you want to use them for.

I tend to use Lacrosse Grange during turkey season. Actually very light and tall rubber boots and pretty cool to wear during the TN heat. snakes are not an issue in my area so dont really need snake boots.

I use MUCKS for deer hunting and only mucks.  will never own another pair of lace up boots again. Muck Woody max are the best i have ever used in cold weather.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gunnerj

I've used Lacrosse alfaburlys the last few years. Only get about 2 years then the ankles go to crap. I picked up a new pair of Irish Setter rubbers(I think buckmasters or something like that) to try this year. As far as lace up, I'm a Danner guy. I need short toes, and have a semi flat foot.

swamp_bird89

If you dont feel like breaking the bank, and need waterproof lightweight...the lacrosse grange's are nice.

reynolds243

i am a BIG muck fan, however the only issue i have found with them is they can take a BEATING during turkey season if you are going through a bunch of briars and thick stuff.

I have used them every spring for 5 years and end up replacing them every other year. Going pure rubber this year just to try and get my mucks to last a while longer. They are not very cheap to buy new every few years.

Hootowl

I am huge Muck boot fan as well. What ever you get make sure they fit good.

Basser69

If your in snake woods, lacross snake boots. Full zip are great

Uhadme@gobble

I've used the same pair of Alpha Burly Sport rubber non insulated boots for the past 10 seasons . They have held up well though I'm due a new pair.compfy, Light weight and tough in my opinion.

renegade19

Danner Mountain Lights (I've had them forevver) or Lacrosse  Alpha burlys depending on the terrain.  Love them both.

duckaholic25

Alpha Burlys for me when Im in the flatwoods, but for the hills I picked up a pair of BPS trekker3 boots this year. Not sure how they will hold up ( not expectin to much they are BPS) but they are very light and comfy.
ONLY 9 MORE DAYS  :you_rock:

Reloader

I use LaCrosse La Grange unins rubber boots most of the time in La for the dew in the mornings and crossing creeks.  I like to add cushy insoles in them for comfort.

I use snake boots in Texas.  Been running the Redhead lace ups for several years, but they've started to leak a bit, so I bought a pair of full camo Redhead zip up snake boots yesterday.  They are running them on sale for $40 off til 3/28.  Most comfy boots I've ever owned. I couldn't believe it when I put em on in the store last night, the things are as cushy as a pair of nike tennis shoes and they aren't stiff like most snake boots.  Leather snake boots usually feel like cast until broken in, but these feel nice from the get-go.

I have ran Mucks, but they tear when snagged and make my feet sweat bad when it's warm.  Very comfy though.

Reloader

whiskey

I wear LaCrosse AlphaBurley's more often than not. I hunt a lot of fields, often plowed and it's nice to have a pair of boots I can just hose off. They also help keep ticks off my ankles. :)