turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

new 20ga turkey gun question

Started by VAarrowslinger, May 30, 2013, 10:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAarrowslinger

has anyone ever converted a new england single shot 20 into a turkey rig? if so, how do you feel now about what you did? I've got my eye on a inexpensive 20 gauge with mod barrel. I'm think of buying this gun and having the barrel drilled for a choke system, installing a rob roberts or sumtoy, dipping the dun in camo and working the trigger...is it worth while?

vaturkey

Hey Alex

I think by the time you do all those modifycations to that gun you could get a Rem 870 that's ready to hunt. Just my 2 cents ! OR you could get a Benelli M2 20 & be real happy.  Good Luck !  Ricky   :newmascot: 
Vaturkey

remmy1187

Quote from: vaturkey on May 30, 2013, 11:13:13 AM

Hey Alex

I think by the time you do all those modifycations to that gun you could get a Rem 870 that's ready to hunt. Just my 2 cents ! OR you could get a Benelli M2 20 & be real happy.  Good Luck !  Ricky   :newmascot:
I totally agree, all those mods would be very expensive.

VAarrowslinger

you guys just reaffirmed my initial thoughts. An 870, Nova or a Winchester 1300 will probably end up in my safe instead. I like the M2 and the SX3 but unless I get rid of another rig, they probably wont happen.

jrmcclure

It would cost twice what you would pay for the gun, just to have it dipped. I'm currently working on my new 20gauge setup. Remington 870, found a used ssx choke $30,mossy oak graphics kit in bottomland $22, fed heavyweight $10 a box after Rebate. May get a saddle mount or drilled and tapped sometime before next season and take my fastfire off my other gun. Lightweight, looks factory dipped, multiple shots if needed, and will shoot around 150 in a 10" circle @40yrd and iv got less than $350 in the whole setup.

ltprod