North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Need help getting this gobbler scored

Started by Huntress, May 26, 2013, 08:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntress

Guys,
These are the pictures I took.  Will these work?  I re-read the rules and saw where you measure the beard from the hairline.  I am assuming that means where it starts to be black???  It's a hard thing to hold down!  I was originally measuring it from what the taxidermist pulled out/cut off.  So being conservative it's a 9.5" beard.  The spurs do measure 1" each.  I didn't weigh it.  So the default is 14 pounds.  What do I do next?

Any help would be great.  I've never done this before.

Thanks!

gdublongwilly

Yeah, you probably messed up a little but no worries right now.  By the looks of things we are not going to be in contention for first anyways.  Post up the pics or your beard being measured and both spurs being measured.  Use the gobblematic scorer and just enter the default weight of 14 lbs since you did not get it weighed.  Congrats on the bird, looks like he was a good one.  Heard you got him in PA right?  If so, where abouts?  I hunt in the North Central/North East area of PA. Throw in a pic of you and your bird as well if you have one.   

Huntress

Thanks!  I got my gobbler in Washington Co. PA.  It was a crazy month for us...  my 10 year old son called in 4 gobblers and he took his first gobbler on his first effort and his Dad re-cocked the crossbow and took his first gobbler.  Then I hunted for weeks before being put on this bird by someone we struck up a conversation with.  We were dodging thunder storms and then lightening right after I took him.  We were hustling and it all happened so crazy fast.

This has made me start thinking about getting birds scored for NWTF...  this is my second nice gobbler with a crossbow, but I've never been bothered with measuring and stuff.  We've never really measured antlers either. 

Huntress

bcknuts

Congrats Huntress very nice bird .one to be proud of.

Kevin
Kevin

wvboy

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

appalachianstruttstopper

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Good job, sounds like yall are haveing a blast!