OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My new 870 Turkey Slayer

Started by TJK68, May 23, 2013, 10:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJK68

Just picked up my new 870 Super Mag in Bottomland 26" barrel. Going with the Hevi-Shot choke tube I think and going to try Hevi-Shot 6's and 7's to start patterning. Wish me luck with my new combo.
Tom

Rem Man

Awesome gun!!!! I have the same one. I found that the Wright's #3 choke and the Primos Tightwad work great in mine!

FL-Boss

You'll be fine with any Jelly Head, IC or HEVI choke...they all shoot close to the same. With HEVI #7 you should be putting up 250+ in the 10in with that rig.  I have a few Rem's.... they are hard to beat. Good choice.

TJK68

Thanks guys, that is what I thought as well. I figured I would be fine with the Hevi- Shot tube. I got a super deal on this gun, so I was very excited to get it.

WildSpur

Nice!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

beagler

Never Misses

Longshanks

That will be a turkey slayer for sure! Can't go wrong with that combo. I see dead turkeys.. :icon_thumright:

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

DirtNap647

allaboutshooting

Best of luck with your new gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

USMC0331

Ridge Rooster

Great lookin gun! I love the old school Bottom Land, and Green Leaf Bottom Land. Didnt know Remington was putting out guns with the old school pattern!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

davisd9

That is the new bottomland pattern.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Ridge Rooster

I guess your right, it looks fairly close to the old school pattern, maybe a little darker. Still cool!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Terry