OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 5/24/2013 Spreading the Good News!!

Started by BOFF, May 24, 2013, 07:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Good Morning Brother and Sisters!!

As I was reading last night and this morning in Acts, I read something I haven't noticed in the past. But first, a little background info, though I am sure most of you know anyway. Acts, which is a continuation of Luke, tells us about the historical record of the church, and much more. I will stop here, at the record of the church, as this is the focus of today's devotional.

We lean right off, in the beginning of Luke about receiving the Holy Spirit, and the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus.

Acts 1:8  (NKJV)

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me[a] in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Footnotes:
a.Acts 1:8 NU-Text reads My witnesses.

However, it was later in my reading where I noticed this for the first time, the change of Jesus' disciples, after Jesus had ascended into heaven. His disciples become apostles. It reads when Matthias was chosen to replace Judas:

Acts 1:26 (NKJV)

26 And they cast their lots, and the lot fell on Matthias. And he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

In my searching, a disciple is noted as a follower or learner, and a apostle is a messenger or missionary.

Our job as well, as a follower of Christ, is to be an apostle as well, to spread the Good news!! Whether at work, play, in our homes, on the road, or in the woods, we all have opportunities with the people we meet, to proclaim the Good News!!

If you think about it, when you learn of something good, like a supply of in stock ammo at the sporting goods store, turkey supplies being on sale, or a free meal at your favorite restaurant, on of the first things we do is text, call, and spread the news to our friends, and even people we don't know.

When is the last time you told someone about Jesus?

Let us pray.

Father God,

Thank You for being able to receive salvation through Your son Jesus, by freely asking, and believing Him to be our Savior. Believing He was placed upon the cross for our sins, as he was the only living sacrifice to be blameless of sin. Knowing he died, and was raised alive three days later to reunite with You. Thank You for the Holy Spirit, which guides us, and directs us, when we allow the Spirit to do so.

May we profess Your sweet name to all we come across, not only with our mouth, but through our actions, and lives. May we be living examples, worthy of Your calling, to honor, and glorify Your precious name.

Lead, guide, direct, and protect our individual paths, and may each step we take, be a step in the right direction, for You.

For it is in Jesus' precious name we ask, and claim these things, Amen. 

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Spreading the Good News of Jesus, we can not go wrong!!! Thanks so much David!!

Have a blessed holiday,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)