Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tagged out with 5 birds!

Started by Joe2Kool, May 19, 2013, 06:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe2Kool

And called in 3 others that others shot!  I had one of those years you dream about!

Opening morning, I called in a hoss for a co-workers son, a 22 pounder with a 10 inch beard and 1 inch spurs.  His first bird!

His dad and I went back that afternoon and he got a jake.  Don't have a picture.

April 3rd, I broke the ice with a 16 pound jake with a 5.25 " beard and 1/4" nubs!!

April 14th was a good day, me and my buddy Dave doubled on a draw hunt at the Oak Ridge WMA.  Mine was 21.4 pounds with 10" beard and 1" spurs.  The one I called in for Dave was 18 pounds, 9", 1".

On April 21st, on public land, this 17 pounder with 9" beard and 3/4" spurs followed me around the mountain until I decided to stay put!  I kept moving on him only to find him gobbling where I WAS!

On May 4th, sitting in the exact same spot as April 21st, in the wind and rain, this 20.2 pounder with 9.5" beard and 1" spurs came running in to meet his demise!

And finally, on May 11th, again in the rain, this guy met a load of Hevi Blends...17.5 pounds, 9.75" beard, and 1/2" spurs.

OK, you don't see the photos of the weights and dates because last year, when I was trying to hold the scale in one hand, and the camera in the other, the scale my grandfather gave me in 1976 broke.  And who is to say one can't hang a brick behing the bird anyway.  I also thought TWRA was tracking all the check-in info online.  But, that wasn't the case.  But, I do have the official checkin tags, with the date, and beard length.  Don't know why the weight and spurs aren't on it.

At this point, there are two options.  1) Accept the info above!  2) I will take a pic of and post the official check-in tags necessary.  Am I only allowed one bird?  If so, that is the Oak Ridge bird.

One of those awesome seasons!!   8)   8)