turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tag in hand

Started by West Augusta, May 18, 2013, 07:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

Today closed out the 2013 spring gobbler season in West Virginia and my chances of getting another turkey.
I had one going at about 200 yards below me and across a power line.  He was coming slowly but the hen from the ridge came faster.  Yep, she found me.  The gobbling stopped.  Nothing was heard the rest of the morning. My camo has been washed and put away until fall.  Sorry but I didn't tag out this year but did have some fun.  I got two quality birds that I am proud of.  Sure would have been fun to tag out though.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

WV TURKEY THUG

Sounds like u had a good season were both of them killed in wv.

WV Ridge Reaper

Me and another member here was working a bird this morning when someone spooked them off the ridge.Wanna talk about not happy!!

Although when I got home I sent my Mossberg 500 off to be dipped,this is the first year I got serious about spring turkey hunting.Its safe for me to say it knocked archery hunting in second place.

West Augusta

One was in West Virginia and one was in Oklahoma.  Got my true Rio Grande.  Might try for a Merriams next year.
I agree Ridge Reaper,  Turkey hunting is better than bow hunting for deer. Now bow hunting for turkeys might be fun.

A few years ago in Ohio, I had a gobbler coming in.  I was near the fence line calling one in from the neighbors when I heard a Bang.  Somebody snuck between me and the bird.  He let me call it in for him.  I didn't cross the fence but sure wanted to after that.  :character0029: :character0029:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

WV TURKEY THUG

That's bull that guy did that to u. Heck I would have soaped his stands that he used for deer hunting  if he had some for or atleast in the general area of the stands. Haha not really but I have heard of people doing this. But I would have made a trip to his house to see what the bird looked like. And gave him a few choisest words. And its definetly more funner than deer archery hunting.

WV Ridge Reaper

It wouldn't of matter if I didn't know the guy but I do and he has plenty of land to hunt on.And he has seen my truck sitting at this spot for the whole season,he drove right by it today and knew I was in there.

I wouldn't get mad at someone sneaking in between me and a bird and killing it because I have done that.To me it just shows who the better caller is.But if your going to do it don't run them off I mean come on lol.

West Augusta

I couldn't say much.  I was on my sister's property, he was on the neighbors.  I didn't have permission to hunt there.
He heard me get one from the same spot the day before.  He was further out the ridge that morning.  Second day, he moved in below me and never called.   I haven't had the chance to go back to Ohio to hunt since.

chatterbox

Congrats on a great season, Steve! Well done! :icon_thumright: