Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Congrats gentleman

Started by savduck, May 17, 2013, 10:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Even in a tough year for some of us Southern guys, we have surpassed last years team score, and we still have a few guys hunting that may be able to post up some upgrades.

Well done, once again proud to be associated with such a great team of killers. We are solidly in second place again this year with VooDoo at our heals again like last year.

Come On Ben and Ty, we are rooting for you.
Georgia Boy

savduck

646 this year vs 599 last year.......rock on men.

My pleasure being captain again. Great team effort. We knocked em down again.
Georgia Boy

blueribbon

who is in first and what is their score? I tried to find the thread but couldn't

savduck

Team Alabama if you read through their threads is around 724. Seems every one of their guys killed a multi beard bird.

Voo Doo and Gods of thunder are around 615.
Georgia Boy

blueribbon

I see. sorry i did not get to be on here much fellas! It was a pleasure meeting you all.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: savduck on May 21, 2013, 06:58:43 AM
Team Alabama if you read through their threads is around 724. Seems every one of their guys killed a multi beard bird.

Looks like most of the multiple bearded turkeys were 2 year olds. I think the scoring should change. If there is a multiple bearded turkey they should just add the beards and not double the total beard length. If there are 3 beards that total 20" then that should be there beard total. Seems more fair. Vood doo had another great year and you can't take that away from them. They have a bunch of guys that kill alot of turkeys but I think we also had a great year. Congrats gentlemen it is always fun.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

So, if I could go to KS this weekend and kill a 28 lb turkey with 1.5" spurs and 35 -40" of beards, we will be in the chips? So you're saying there's a chance?

VanHelden Game Calls

Quote from: drenalinld on May 22, 2013, 10:00:20 AM
So, if I could go to KS this weekend and kill a 28 lb turkey with 1.5" spurs and 35 -40" of beards, we will be in the chips? So you're saying there's a chance?

No you WILL go to Ks this weekend  :wave:

savduck

Quote from: drenalinld on May 22, 2013, 10:00:20 AM

You been holding out on us.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 22, 2013, 09:50:17 AM

Looks like most of the multiple bearded turkeys were 2 year olds. I think the scoring should change. If there is a multiple bearded turkey they should just add the beards and not double the total beard length. If there are 3 beards that total 20" then that should be there beard total. Seems more fair. Vood doo had another great year and you can't take that away from them. They have a bunch of guys that kill alot of turkeys but I think we also had a great year. Congrats gentlemen it is always fun.

TRKYHTR

Thats how we scored Ryans bird. We added up the three beards lengths for a total and then plugged it in to the gobbler calculator. If we can go back and double every one of his beards then his turkey just jumped up to about 130. Yes, we are a heck of a turkey killing team. Hope to do this again with every one of you again next year.
Georgia Boy

BC

Quote from: savduck on May 22, 2013, 10:11:06 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 22, 2013, 09:50:17 AM

TRKYHTR

Thats how we scored Ryans bird. We added up the three beards lengths for a total and then plugged it in to the gobbler calculator. If we can go back and double every one of his beards then his turkey just jumped up to about 130. Yes, we are a heck of a turkey killing team. Hope to do this again with every one of you again next year.

That's how we scored all of our birds. I was a little confused by the original post. I know when you enter a beard length in the scoring calculator it doubles it as part of the score. The only thing I can figure he's saying is to take away the beard length doubling on the score calculator for multi bearded turkeys.

Maybe I'm just confused though.

BC

Oh yeah....... Big congrats to you guys for another fine year.

drenalinld

The calculator does double the beard lengths. I think he is suggesting the competition might be closer if the beard lengths were not doubled as in the NWTF scoring system placing more emphasis on weight and spurs. Some contests throw out weight. Either way it's fun.

Del, I want to go West so bad I can't stand it but that is not in my wife's plans for me.

TRKYHTR

The Gobblermatic scorer automatically doubles the beard length. I think if there are multiple beards you should have a choice of taking the longest beard and putting it in the gobblermatic scorer or you can just add all the beards up and thats your score for beards. Example: a 2 year old with 3 beards and 3/4" spurs should never score more than a 10" beard with 1 1/4" hooks. Just sayin.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

BC

Gotcha,

That's what I thought you were saying but wasn't sure. On Voodoo Mafia's page, Old Gobbler posted something to the effect that they may outlaw multi bearded turkeys next year if everyone wants to. Well not outlaw them, but limit them to the longest beard. Multi bearded turkeys are always the difference in the contest year in and year out, so that's going to be interesting. How about 6 teams next season within 5 points of each other.......... that would make for a fun ending.